Contribute
Register

Success: Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge, 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate, i am waiting for my parts to arrive,

ga - z77 - ds3h, i5-3570k, corsair 8gb ram and on board graphics,

i am wondering with the onboard graphics, will i be able to use 2 screens (vga + dvi) at the same time? or it supports only 1 screen connection?

thank you for your time :)

It will support two screens, but Apple's OS X doesn't no support VGA using HD4000, only DVI, HDMI and/or DisplayPort. You'll need an HDMI to VGA adapter if you can find one.

Hi,

I have exactly the same build but for an Nvidia GeForce GT640 2GB GPU Card.

But my Geekbench score in Intel 64-Bit mode is miles off yours :(

Geekbench Score is 9716
Integer is 8591
Floating Point is 12979
Memory is 6817
Stream is 8040

Any tips on the BIOS set-up would greatly help :)

KR,
Phil

My Geekbench score is from overclocking to 4.4GHZ. Your score looks right for being stock speed.

No Boot

Tried install and after Multibeast get this:

t0: GPT
t0: test
t0: GPT
t0: error

Could it be something with BIOS?

Used your setup for multibeast

Sys Info:
Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K
16GB Ram
2 TB HD
On board graphics

Any Ideas?

Ok I tried option 1 - did not work. Do not have cables for option 2.

Removed 2TB HD and replaced with 1TB HD (2 Partitions, 100GB, 900GB)

Installed ML on 900 Partition, Boots OK, Ran MB, spinning wheel freezes during boot?

I bought all the parts off the recommended list?

Something is not right when I install Multibeast settings. Used this build except no TRIM ENABLER, no SYSTEM DEFINITIONS, no FAKE SMC

?????

@djsmootht

I was wondering.. I just finished installing my GA-Z77-DS3H + i5 3570K.
I OC'd it to 4.4Ghz in the BIOS but when I check @ about mac, it still says 3.4 Ghz.. Did you have the same problem and is this normal or did I not OC it correctly? Even tho BIOS shows its running and 4.4 Ghz, Getting 13.4k GeekBench score atm.

Thanks!

PS: I installed iStat to keep control of my temperatures and my CPU Heatsink is always @ 25 degrees celsius but I do have a new thing called "Ambient" and this temperature changes every time. Is the CPU Heatsink not beeing recorded with this mobo or something? And is the "Ambient" the temperature to look for or something? Please enlighten me a bit if you could.

Thanks for confirming.

Can you PM what you did to OC your system please?

I tried - but Geekbench went down not up :(

KR,
Phil

...Can you PM what you did to OC your system please?...

Using PM deprives others of the information, which is why we encourage you to post problems and solutions here int this thread or in the appropriate forum sections, such as the Overclocking forum section.

The Workshop > Overclocking http://www.tonymacx86.com/overclocking/

I have same board and cpu, but 650 ti instead. i get around 8000-8500 with geekbench. I use Macmini 6,2 profile does that matter or is it because you used Imac or Macpro3,1?

Thanks jus curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back