ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 2
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone

I managed to get my build working today.
Here's what I did.

I followed the guide for the ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Hero in this thread by d5aqoep, since these are both ASUS Z270 MBs.
Then I installed the NVIDIA Pascal driver from here.

Then I had problems when switching the graphics from OS X Default Graphics Driver to NVIDIA Web Driver... after booting the screen would go black, or boot and fail to switch to the Web Drivers.

So I went back and applied solution to Problems #4 and #6 from this thread. Thanks to slim.jim!

Everything seems to be working fine now. I hope this helps other TUF owners.

Without your graphic problems I would have been lost. I had the same problem when using imac5.1, screen would go black. I needed to have a correct smbios in order for imessage to work. I have been waiting since Christmas to finally getting around to dive back into x86 as I was a early adopter of the gtx 10xx series. So comfimed this aslso works with the Mark 1.

Thanks,
Rickyreall

Hello everyone

I managed to get my build working today.
Here's what I did.

I followed the guide for the ASUS Z270 Maximus IX Hero in this thread by d5aqoep, since these are both ASUS Z270 MBs.
Then I installed the NVIDIA Pascal driver from here.

Then I had problems when switching the graphics from OS X Default Graphics Driver to NVIDIA Web Driver... after booting the screen would go black, or boot and fail to switch to the Web Drivers.

So I went back and applied solution to Problems #4 and #6 from this thread. Thanks to slim.jim!

Everything seems to be working fine now. I hope this helps other TUF owners.
Hello,

I have a TUF Z270 Mark 1. Any idea as to what mac hardware platform I should be selecting? I am currently using 18,1
I have a 7700k processor. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back