Contribute
Register

success - i5-2500k, GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, Sapphire HD 5670

Status
Not open for further replies.
nickolasemp said:
Somewhere along the way (perhaps from a previous installation of 10.6.7) you must have put this
ALC889 (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx- Non-DSDT HDAEnabler)
as well, otherwise it wouldn't find it for me...

Have you figured out how to enable sleep? I have used EasyBeast. Do you think that the DSDT from the guys' site is gonna do it by itself? Also, do you think I should delete anything or just apply DSDT on top of everything?

Thanks for sharing all the info...
I never used the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler kext...it wasn't necessary as I used the DSDT from the database at http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt. If you grab the DSDT for the board and use that, rather than an EasyBeast install, you might have better results?

dciaravino said:
I never used the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler kext...it wasn't necessary as I used the DSDT from the database at http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt. If you grab the DSDT for the board and use that, rather than an EasyBeast install, you might have better results?

I applied it as well (the DSDT I mean) because I wanted to have a 64bit kernel. Didn't notice anything new. My customac is running as before. Don't know about the sleep part... will try it once I get home.

IM getting the You need to shutdown and restart this mac when Im trying to install the 10.6.8 combo update before doing the multibeast and it wont boot again after that freeze up. Should I go 10.6.7, then 10.6.8? then install multibeast?

darkpoe said:
IM getting the You need to shutdown and restart this mac when Im trying to install the 10.6.8 combo update before doing the multibeast and it wont boot again after that freeze up. Should I go 10.6.7, then 10.6.8? then install multibeast?

I have not tried 10.6.3 Retail to 10.6.8 direct. Did 10.6.3 -> 10.6.7/MultiBeast -> 10.6.8 work?

Thanks for sharing your experience with this board. I am considering to get it soon as an upgrade for my almost historic Pentium 4-class system. This board seems a good way to jump into Z68 era.

One thing that bothers me a bit: will I be able to install kexts for my old ATI HD 3650 video? I know it is old but it is enough for me (I am not a gamer) so I hope it will work on Snow Leopard.

Also I read that someone avoided direct upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 - is there more info available, why such upgrade is not advised? I am a bit new to this OS, I have just tried to install it in a virtual machine but it was so sssllloooowww because my CPU does not support VT-x.

And a bit offtopic - how is this board overall? Any issues I should be aware of?
I see that it has pretty weak CPU powering system (VRM, MOSFETs, cooler) compared to some higher end Z68 boards. Anyway, I intend to use it with i5-2400 without overclocking. I hope my 500W PSU with 4-pin CPU contact will be fine?

midix said:
And a bit offtopic - how is this board overall? Any issues I should be aware of?
I see that it has pretty weak CPU powering system (VRM, MOSFETs, cooler) compared to some higher end Z68 boards. Anyway, I intend to use it with i5-2400 without overclocking. I hope my 500W PSU with 4-pin CPU contact will be fine?

Whoa, good thing I read this, I am planning on upgrading and forgot about those connectors. I want to get Z68X-UD3H-B3, and it uses 8-pins :problem:

I just checked the specs of this (GA-Z68A-D3H-B3) board on the gigabyte website, and it says that it uses that 4-pin connector. So, you're good. And you have enough power. Intel i5 2400 uses about 140W under full load. Now, if you change your mind about graphics, and decide to get another one, pay attention, because i know some cards need additional power, from the PSU i think, beside the power they get over the PCIe slot, and you probably don't have that connector on that old PSU... I'm not 100% sure, but check that out as well.

Good luck.
Cheers!

Thank you for this helpful trial and error. I have the same board but the my card is the bat mobile.

Will be using this for my build.

Thank you to the rest of the troubleshooters.

I'm using i5-2500K, Gigabyte 6850 and the same board, GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, but can't get Sleep to work. I've enabled quick boot in BIOS and am using the f10 DSDT file, but still no joy. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back