Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5, i7 4790k, 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, Onboard Graphics Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you (or has anyone) tried installing the Yosemite 10.10.1 update yet? Is there any reason not to install it? I have a very stable system at the moment and this is my first real clover build. Thanks!

I did mine, refer from the update link from front page, i adapt my own way,

"If you use Clover Configurator you can follow this steps:
go to Kernel and Kext Patches add a new row
in name put IOAHCIBlockStorage
in find hex put 004150504C452053534400
in replace hex put 0000000000000000000000
in comment you can write what you want (a description for example)
in InfoPlistPatch leave it as is (unchecked)
Save and reboot."

"Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated
Use the Software Update to download and install 10.10.1
Re-boot
Repair Permissions again."

Backup is recommended but since my system is pretty fresh installed, so i omitted that step.
so far everything is running smooth, audio are working fine after installation, no patch required.

Very good guide, I refer to this has been successful,thank you very much!

My hardware:
Z97X-UD3H rev1.1
I7 4790K
HD4600

Well - I seem to have involuntarily answered my own question. When I came down to the computer this morning it was on the Clover boot screen. After selecting my Yosemite startup disk I saw the OSX install screen informing me there were 6 minutes left. It then booted normally and 10.10.1 was installed. Everything functioning normally so far.

I have the same rig as the OP except I have a video card and an i5 4690 processor and a UHD monitor. (Samsung U28D590D)

I am pleased with the install save for two issues:

1. I wanted to reply to this post particularly because I have been experiencing a similar situation--waking up and finding my screen at the Clover boot menu. I always put my computer to sleep, but it seems to wake up at odd times. Sometimes I can see from the verbose boot that there has been a kernel panic. When I get back to Yosemite, it will say something like "your computer restarted because of a graphics problem: Ignore or Report." What might be causing this issue and how can I resolve it?

2. Audio does not come back after waking from sleep. Is there any resolution to this problem yet? I used toleda's ALC-100 command.

UHD works great through displayport. Graphics card was recognized OOB--I only had to deselect inject Intel graphics in Clover Configurator. iMessage not working but I don't need it.

A general question: What bios settings should I be using, given my slight differences in build? I am not sure about XMP Profile 1 versus disabled. Which setting will make the rig more stable? I would like to eventually dual-boot windows.

Have a Probook on Yosemite using Clover that is tight as a drum. Thought the desktop would be even easier, but it isn't (so far)!

Hi Friends,

I just installed Yosemite on my built, using clover. At my first boot using USB drive into HDD, My RAM was correctly shown in 'About my Mac' running at 1600MHz. Also in BIOS it is correctly set.

When I installed Clover on my HDD to make my HDD bootable, RAM is shown at 1333MHz in 'About my Mac'。How should I do?

Hi, thanks for the awesome guide, it seems easy enough to follow but I'm having terrible difficulty with the clover boot loader. I've configured the BIOS as specified in your guide, and separately with additional recommendations from the community with no luck. Using the same motherboard, processor and memory as you are, with and without a samsung evo 256 gb ssd connected.

All i get after POST is "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Can you or anyone else offer some help?

All i get after POST is "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Can you or anyone else offer some help?

This doesn't sound like Clover. It sounds like a configuration issue in your BIOS.

1. Has your USB installer booted yet?
2. Is your BIOS set to boot to USB?
3. What USB port are you using? I booted both form my front USB 3.0 ports and the 4 USB 2.0 ports in the back (the ones that say "USB DAC UP").

On a total side note, I've noticed my wifi connection to fail more with 10.10.1 vs. 10.10.0. Anyone else notice this?

Hi Friends,

I just installed Yosemite on my built, using clover. At my first boot using USB drive into HDD, My RAM was correctly shown in 'About my Mac' running at 1600MHz. Also in BIOS it is correctly set.

When I installed Clover on my HDD to make my HDD bootable, RAM is shown at 1333MHz in 'About my Mac'。How should I do?

You need to put XMP=Yes using clover configurator on your config.plist

This doesn't sound like Clover. It sounds like a configuration issue in your BIOS.

1. Has your USB installer booted yet?
2. Is your BIOS set to boot to USB?
3. What USB port are you using? I booted both form my front USB 3.0 ports and the 4 USB 2.0 ports in the back (the ones that say "USB DAC UP").

On a total side note, I've noticed my wifi connection to fail more with 10.10.1 vs. 10.10.0. Anyone else notice this?

Nope, my wifi seems ok. Are you using TP link wifi card and install all 3 antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back