Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

@jb007 Ha, Yes, getting late here ( 1h30am ) but here it is. I have x299 platform aorus gaming 7 running mojave. Everything works beautifully except that 2nd killer Lan. ( it works under win10 ) Followed the description, bulld/ installed the drivers, Intelmausethernet.kext works fine but that AtherosE2200 is another story. Not even sure the name it should have on the system pref network. Any suggestions? attached are a few screenshots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can you post some extras infos/ screenshots of your system? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.38.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.38.03 AM.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.36.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.36.44 AM.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I take back what I said about my hdd's lol, 2 of my drives disappeared in OSX again. They show in my bios, but OSX doesn't see them. It must be related to some AHCI setting because they were showing up until I upgraded the firmware in my MOBO and I had to redo my settings as they reset and now I'm only seeing 2 of my 4 HDD's via sata ports.

Also, has anyone OC'd their RX 580? I looked on youtube for videos but haven't found any that relate using the Sapphire Trixx utility.

In continuation, I enabled hotplug in my bios and as a test decided to hotplug the sata cable in to the two drives that weren't showing up in OSX. Coincidentally after doing so and running disk utility they both appeared and are usable, but alas this is only a temporary fix. Can anyone offer a more permanent solution?

Hi @Ellybz. I've stepped away from my hack for the night but I'll reply with some info after my morning shift at work is over. Its 7pm here in Australia.
I had no troubles installing it and from memory it was called something like Qualcomm Atheros Killer Ethernet E2400 or E2500.
Have you seen if in network preferences you can add a extra ethernet port ( click the settings cog) and see if the port comes up?
Jim

Hi @Ellybz. I've stepped away from my hack for the night but I'll reply with some info after my morning shift at work is over. Its 7pm here in Australia.
I had no troubles installing it and from memory it was called something like Qualcomm Atheros Killer Ethernet E2400 or E2500.
Have you seen if in network preferences you can add a extra ethernet port ( click the settings cog) and see if the port comes up?
Jim
I did. The only option I have would be called ethernet 2. Maybe you can give me some info @ your system profiler/ Network / Location so I can get a idea of what to exptect. That Killer Lan did not show either up on HS.
Also do you have the AtherosE2200 kext inside the EFI/CLOVER / KEXT or the S/L/E ? I tried different options. No luck.

Getting tired, my english is getting weird. TTYS

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.36.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.36.44 AM.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 94
This system kicks the CRAP out of my "Mid 2010" Mac Pro with a 6-core, 3.33GHz Xeon CPU (as you would expect it would). My Mac Pro has 32GB of ram and an AMD Radeon HD 7970 (3072 MB) GPU.

The Mac Pro has been a workhorse for me...but man, this new hackintosh build is EPIC!

I did. The only option I have would be called ethernet 2. Maybe you can give me some info @ your system profiler/ Network / Location so I can get a idea of what to exptect. That Killer Lan did not show either up on HS.
Also do you have the AtherosE2200 kext inside the EFI/CLOVER / KEXT or the S/L/E ? I tried different options. No luck.

Getting tired, my english is getting weird. TTYS
Just a thought. Have you turned both ethernet interfaces on in BIOS? There are two places in my BIOS setup on different TABS. Sorry if it is a silly question.

Just a thought. Have you turned both Ethernet interfaces on in BIOS? There are two places in my BIOS setup on different TABS. Sorry if it is a silly question.
Both Ethernet ports ( Killer/Intel ) are functional on Windows 10 ( separate drive ) so I believe I did.
Not a silly question my friend ;)

@Ellybz
Are you using the X299 system in your profile or the Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard ?

@Ellybz
Are you using the X299 system in your profile or the Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard ?
I know that I'm probably out of bound, by asking an x299 question on a Z370 threat. However, I could not find any information about this situation anywhere else, and the GA Aorus Gaming 7 have identical Ethernet ports on both X299 and Z370.
Sorry if I crossed the line.

I know that I'm probably out of bound, by asking an x299 question on a Z370 threat. However, I could not find any information about this situation anywhere else, and the GA Aorus Gaming 7 have identical Ethernet ports on both X299 and Z370.
Sorry if I crossed the line.

I solved the issue. Stupid permission error inside S/L/E. Both Ethernet ports are working. All is well !!:headbang:

Back