Contribute
Register

[Success] Geminii's HexaBeast | i7-3970X | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply!

This is what I bought in Amazon.

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition i7-3970X 3.5GHz 5.0GT/s 15MB LGA2011 Processor without Fan, Retail BX80619I73970X[/SIZE]

ASUS GTX680-DC2O

Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 140mm and 120mm SSO CPU Cooler

I have to build this computer at home, i hope will be easy with the instructions :D
I am very interesting in how did you made the overclock, if you can put the details could be awesome.

thanks for your help :shifty:

Hi Geminiii!

I have all the component at home right now, could you please add some pictures about the settings in the bios for the overclooking?

This could be very helpfully and easier :thumbup:

Hi Geminiii!

I have all the component at home right now, could you please add some pictures about the settings in the bios for the overclooking?

This could be very helpfully and easier :thumbup:

Hey jenue,

I would recommend getting your system 100% stable and setup first. That is what I did and then started experimenting. From what I understand, every CPU is actually different and could have variances that may prevent a standard One Size Fits All type of template.

Here is the guide I based my BIOS settings on though and it seems to be ok:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?31510-Help-3970x-Overclocking-to-4.5-Ghz/page3

Hey jenue,

I would recommend getting your system 100% stable and setup first. That is what I did and then started experimenting. From what I understand, every CPU is actually different and could have variances that may prevent a standard One Size Fits All type of template.

Here is the guide I based my BIOS settings on though and it seems to be ok:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?31510-Help-3970x-Overclocking-to-4.5-Ghz/page3

Yes this is what Im gonna try, I very aprecciate your help ! :=)

Hey Jenue,

I also had a chance to do a real world test of my new machine. Here are the results:

Final Cut Pro X - Bulk Ingest, Analysis, and Transcode of 48.67Gb 1080P Footage
Core i7-860 = 1hr 32m
Core i7-3970X = 55.3m

3D Still Render to Jpeg using 3Delight Engine
Core i7-860 = 1hr 12m
Core i7-3970X = 10.6m

I believe that the reason the 3D render is such a big difference is that the 3Delight engine is taking advantage of all cores and FCPx is not. I will be anxious to see how things improve with the new release of FCPx and the ability to leverage the GPU which it currently does not.

Nice build man, any links to your work?

Nice build man, any links to your work?

There are a few projects that I just finished editing for some great corporate clients but I am not able to promote them online unfortunately. But I also just finished work on an indie film that we are trying to get into film festivals. I served as Editor and Producer and I have a couple film trailers on my website. I also have an art gallery of my 3D work on the site as well.

http://www.geminiifilms.com

Thanks.

Hey Gemini,

Its very fast than the last computer, oh yes!

Im 3d Artist too, but I use Cinema4d and Vray, so this computer I hope will be nice to work.

I have some videos in vimeo.com/yenue

Im waitting for the motherboard and the case to do my building, Do you know any guide to mount the motherboard with the processor?

:oops:

Thanks for your help!

Hey Jenue,

I also had a chance to do a real world test of my new machine. Here are the results:

Final Cut Pro X - Bulk Ingest, Analysis, and Transcode of 48.67Gb 1080P Footage
Core i7-860 = 1hr 32m
Core i7-3970X = 55.3m

3D Still Render to Jpeg using 3Delight Engine
Core i7-860 = 1hr 12m
Core i7-3970X = 10.6m

I believe that the reason the 3D render is such a big difference is that the 3Delight engine is taking advantage of all cores and FCPx is not. I will be anxious to see how things improve with the new release of FCPx and the ability to leverage the GPU which it currently does not.

Wow, thats impressive! NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back