Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gabedamien's first build: Maximus V Gene - 3770K - 16GB RAM - GTX 670 - FT03 - OS X 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSDT isn't needed

Ummm ya it is needed if you want USB2 HDDs etc to work in the Intel USB3 ports.

I guess I haven't had any issues. Where is this DSDT?

I have gone and updated the guide as best as I could for MB 5.2.1, given that a lot of new files are things that I either don't want to mess with on my own build (because they work perfectly for me as they are), or which theoretically I have already done manually (and therefore I don't want to arbitrarily re-install them). Where my instructions include steps I have not personally tried, I have noted such.

Re: the DSDT for USB 3 –*unfortunately, I have this BIOS 1408 DSDT for USB 3 functionality sitting on my hard drive (unused), but I do not for the life of me remember where I got it. Under the circumstances I am not inclined to test or disseminate it.

So for my own bookkeeping, I still need to work out the USB 2.0 mass storage devices on USB 3.0 ports, the ASMedia USB 3.0 ports in general, and slow boot.

I'm going to let you all know right now that I cannot commit to keeping this guide up to date. My own build works pretty well as it is, and there are just way too many demands on my time for me to continually test the cutting edge of compatibility and write up the results here, or to serve as tech support for other peoples' similar builds indefinitely. Be that as it may, if I do make any updates to my own build, or learn of any important issues, I will try to make a note of it here. Many thanks to the users who have contributed so much to this build already and who continue to help others achieve a similar build, your support is not unnoticed.

Regards,
—G

UPDATE: for some reason updating to 10.8.3 from 10.8.2 has fixed my slow boot! No idea why. Had to reinstall 898 audio and TRIM patch via MultiBeast. On the other hand, a weird little app I like called Moody now takes a very long time to load. EDIT: although that app is seriously out of date and is kind of buggy anyway, so I'm not concerned.

Gabe & PJ:

I recently update my build to 10.8.3. I too had to rerun Multibeast for ALC to get audio. However, when I ran the TRIM 10.8.1+ it made me unable to boot. I got a kernel panic. Thank goodness I had a timemachine backup. Anyone else get this? TRIM seems to not be working for me after the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back