Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone's audio headers work? Are you using AC '97 or HD audio?

Mine just don't work. Monitor audio works perfectly. Just curious.

Thanks!

I am building another hack using the ga-z68mx-ud2h-b3, an I5-2500k and onboard video.

Audio worked in SL but after xmove -> Lion I used multibeast to enable the ethernet and the audio. The ethernet worked (with the realtec drivers but not with the Lin2mac updated drivers.) But the audio still has me stymied. It shows in about this mac as Intel High Definition Audio: 889, exactly the same way it shows on my I-7 sandybridge gigabyte board (z68x-ud5-b3) but there is no output. I have removed all the kexts I have read are related to the install and reinstalled both with and without the HDA-rollback.

My working hack has the appleHDA kext and the HDAEnabler889 kext
Can anyone point to a comprehensive list of what files are installed in the S/L/E directory by the audio installers so I can experiment with removal and reinstall?

ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback are what I'm using on my Z68X-UD3H based system.

Check to see if both kexts are in the /S/L/E folder. If not, rerun MultiBeast. BTW, did you check Extension Migration Tool the 1st time you ran MultiBeast 4.0.2? If not, your ALC8xxHDA is still in your /Extra/Extensions folder and that will cause the problem, too.

My back panel audio is working fine, but my front panel audio isn't, and neither is front or back mic. I'm using F11 DSDT from the database, plus ALCxxHDA & AppleHDARollback from Multibeast 4.0.2 (on 10.7.1). Can anyone help? First build! :/

Try #1 resulted in a kernel panic on boot after the 10.6.8 update. I ran the update helper when specified both times. I'm going to give this another shot! I'll keep you guys posted if try #2 works!

Thanks for the sweet guide!

EDIT: Try number 2 failed in the same way.
Here's the kernel error I am getting.

Kernel panic: Unable to find driver for this platform: acpi

\"acpi\"n"@/sourcecache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit\kernel /ioplatformexpert.cpp:1387

Bsd process name corresponding to current thread: unknown

Mac OS version:
Not yet set.

Here are the steps I am going to take to try something different on tries 3 and 4:
3: I am going to try rebooting before I run the update helper post install.
4: I am currently on BIOS revision f9. I'm going to try to flash to f11

This is my setup:

Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard

GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6850 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card GV-R685OC-1GD

Intel Core i5-2500K Processor 3.3GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155

Sony Optiarc

Corsair Vengeance Blu 8 GB PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 x2 (I'm using one stick, as per the iboot tutorial

Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM HD

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

I followed the guide here on the first page to the T, but There are little differences, like multibeast being 3.9.0 instead of 3.8.0 and the bios being f9 instead of f5.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know! Thanks so much for your help.
Edit:
I got it up and running!
Turns out, I was using a 10.6.0 install disc... When I used a 10.6.3 one, the guide worked perfectly! Now to work on getting sleep mode working!

Thanks so much for the guide!
-xmrblondex

haida said:
I followed the instructions and everything worked perfect on my test installation. However I have a GeForce GT 440 video card and when I went to install the drivers from Nvidia the install wouldn't work. So I made on small change to the MultiBeast installation, instead of selecting iMac 12.2 under the "System Definition" I selected Mac Pro 3.1 and the Nvidia drivers installed perfectly. :thumbup:

Thank you for your comment. It is valuable insight since when troubleshooting the problems under this topic we did forget to check what the system definition is. On my machine I also had troubles with other system definitions. Only the Mac Pro 3,1 made it fully functional, along with other hacks of course.

I have everything working so far as I can tell, but the boot time is really long. I get a long string of some hps+ for nearly a full screen, and then i have some gfx errors and it still looks for nvidia drivers when I'm doing ati. Anyway, I attached the last portion of the verbose mode list. It also shows some issue with my ethernet.

Attachments

• verboseScreenshot.jpg
    verboseScreenshot.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 295
sullenday said:
I have everything working so far as I can tell, but the boot time is really long. I get a long string of some hps+ for nearly a full screen, and then i have some gfx errors and it still looks for nvidia drivers when I'm doing ati. Anyway, I attached the last portion of the verbose mode list. It also shows some issue with my ethernet.

To get rid of the ethernet related errors, revert to the original IONetworkingFamily.kext and remove the Realtec 1000 extensions, then install again the latest lnx2mac ethernet drivier. Don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild caches, otherwise your system would not get up or you will end up with no network connectivity.

The sounds assertions are because the HDMI audio/ Intel HD 3000 graphics is not properly hardware is not properly described in the DSDT file. If you want to get rid of it and make the HDMI audio fully usable and integrated with the system, you can start with the Tony's blog entries related to HDMI and then try to fix it on your system. My recommendation is leave it alone, one day Tony and his team will bring us and easy way to make the HDMI working.

The slow output with kernel extension paths is the drawback of some latest versions of Chimera / Chameleon. Disable verbose mode in the chameleon plist and the boot time will significantly decrease.

maxwoj said:
sullenday said:

To get rid of the ethernet related errors, revert to the original IONetworkingFamily.kext and remove the Realtec 1000 extensions, then install again the latest lnx2mac ethernet drivier. Don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild caches, otherwise your system would not get up or you will end up with no network connectivity.

The sounds assertions are because the HDMI audio/ Intel HD 3000 graphics is not properly hardware is not properly described in the DSDT file. If you want to get rid of it and make the HDMI audio fully usable and integrated with the system, you can start with the Tony's blog entries related to HDMI and then try to fix it on your system. My recommendation is leave it alone, one day Tony and his team will bring us and easy way to make the HDMI working.

The slow output with kernel extension paths is the drawback of some latest versions of Chimera / Chameleon. Disable verbose mode in the chameleon plist and the boot time will significantly decrease.

Hmmm well I looked in the ionetworking contents and did not find anything r1000 residing there. I don't understand why it goes through looking for nvidia graphics adapters, even after i dragged those gforce kexts out of the extensions folder. It seems to take some time with that. Here's a screen shot of my ionetoworking kexts. Also, how does one disable verbose to decrease boot time?

Thanks for your reply.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-10-14 at 12.45.44 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-10-14 at 12.45.44 PM.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 376
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back