Contribute
Register

[Success]Fresh LION ,H61M-S2V,i3,ATi 5450,Wireless TL-WN781N

Status
Not open for further replies.
after my tutorial ATi 5450 not working is a very strange problem ?!

because i did the lion 10.7.1 installation 3 months ago and when the 10.7.2 was released i updated the software without any problem(except i reinstalled the audio driver and re added the dev id of my ati 5450), and when tony and mac man released the latest ver of chimera 1.7 i updated to it with no problem at all.

tom214 ,ab1077 you can work with your 3000 HD it's more powerful than ATi 5450 HD.

but i think these topics will be useful.
1-http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=19330
2-http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33188

Thanks budiosx,

My HD 3000 works very well but I would like to make this card work on Lion too (I already made it work last year on SL).

What's very weird is that everything works fine with HD 3000,
and if i just change GC to HD5450 with GE=Yes, boot stops here : "disk0s3:journal replay done" and I have no desktop...
With GE=No, HD5450 isn't recognized but boot doesn't get stuck and desktop appears (low res). :banghead:

tom214 said:
Thanks budiosx,

My HD 3000 works very well but I would like to make this card work on Lion too (I already made it work last year on SL).

What's very weird is that everything works fine with HD 3000,
and if i just change GC to HD5450 with GE=Yes, boot stops here : "disk0s3:journal replay done" and I have no desktop...
With GE=No, HD5450 isn't recognized but boot doesn't get stuck and desktop appears (low res). :banghead:

ok , try this for 5450
make KernelCache=No and before restart make fix permissions with kext utlilty that's it :thumbup:

mauroalpha said:
I boot always without problem in normal mode! all works good but the card is always 5000 series and not hd 5450.

I've installed chimera 1.7 either in a clean and fresh installation of lion but is still r1394 instead of r1710 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't understand...damn.. :banghead: :banghead:

My Sapphire 5450 was reporting as 5000 series and I was having frame buffer issues such as opening the dvd player. I fixed this by forcing the frame buffer to "Eulemur"

Try adding this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>

My card now shows up as 5400 series with full QE/CI and dvd player opens fine.

budiosx said:
ok , try this for 5450
make KernelCache=No and before restart make fix permissions with kext utlilty that's it :thumbup:
I tried using or not Kernel Cache but it doesn't help !
I always use KextUtility... and I always get stuck with GE=Yes :crazy:

What do you exactly use in org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

patricklooney said:
mauroalpha said:
I boot always without problem in normal mode! all works good but the card is always 5000 series and not hd 5450.

I've installed chimera 1.7 either in a clean and fresh installation of lion but is still r1394 instead of r1710 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Sapphire 5450 was reporting as 5000 series and I was having frame buffer issues such as opening the dvd player. I fixed this by forcing the frame buffer to "Eulemur"

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>

thanks mate! will try and then i will get you back ;)

patricklooney said:
mauroalpha said:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>

-if you choose GE=Y it will load the default frame buffer option to you.
-every atiCofig (frame buffer option) is slighty different from the other and not equal in performance (tested by benchmark apps).
-so check if all the ports are working very well.
-power point slide show should work now and steam games.

Patrik!!!!! yessss it worked out !!!yeeee :)) thanks a lot :)

Update: I've done the cinebench and the result are shitty... OpenGL is 10 fps
the cpu is 7

can you post your results?

can u suggest me another framebuffer to use with the card?

ATI HD5450 should works Nativ with Original Lion Kexts, without Injectors or Graphics ENABLER. Try to start with original 10.7.2 Kexts and GraphicsEnabler=No. No Injector and a new Chameleon. I have sometimes a grey Screen, and Lion doesnt switch to the Login Mask, and sometimes it works perfekt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back