Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Coupz's Build - i7 2600 - XFX 6870 - GA-Z68X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
flipnaz17,
Gordo74 has an excellent guide that you can print out and check off the check boxes as you accomplish each step. :thumbup: Most GA-Z68 motherboards can use Gordo74's method.

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306

Hey! Whats up mate!

Nice build, I have almost the same one (mobo, memory..) with a 2600k and only one Corsair Force Gt SSD 90GB. The thing is I just purchased the SSD yesterday and I am very dissapointed with it. I am probably returning it back cause I wanted it to work with a special heavy program but it makes not big difference with my normal HDD. I've been told that probably a RAID would help but not sure.. would you mind trying this program in your system and help me finding out if the raid get better results? It would only take you 5 minutes.. let me know mate and I will expalin you how to test :)

Thanks! :angel:

Ed.

Of course dudes, just send me a PM with the name of the program or a link to the download site and what I should do ;)

I'll record my screen and send it to you, so you can compare it to yours ;)

I bought last week the Apple Cinema Display 27" and worked OOB without any problems on the MDP of the 6870 :)

There is only one issue, the GPU runs 3° or 4°C hotter then with the Cinema Display 20" :D (I think that's because of the incredible resolution of 2560x1440 :headbang: :thumbup: )

Coupz said:
I bought last week the Apple Cinema Display 27" and worked OOB without any problems on the MDP of the 6870 :)

There is only one issue, the GPU runs 3° or 4°C hotter then with the Cinema Display 20" :D (I think that's because of the incredible resolution of 2560x1440 :headbang: :thumbup: )

Pics please! :p

Nice built, my friend :clap: You've gone with the Noctua CPU Cooler! Great choice...one of the best aftermarket cpu coolers out there :headbang: I have one and I am very pleased with it :headbang:

So guys, I have some new pics :D

Well, couple of things have chainged:
Case: Corsair 600T
CPU-cooler: Corsair H100
Fans: 2xCorsair AF120 Quiet, 2xAF120 Performance, 2xSP120 Quiet, 2xSP120 Performance
GPU: Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo Pro with SP120 Quiet fans
SSD: Samsung 830 256GB
Display: Apple Cinema Display 27"

I'm pretty happy right now, in idle I can slightly notice the fans and when I'm gaming, I turn on the fans (600T fan controller) and CPU&GPU are under 62°C (even with Prime95/Furmark) :p
Now pics :headbang:

img2486kho74.png

img2483l1o33.png

img2482m9pm6.png

img248191q54.png

img2480hdogd.png

img24795pp34.png

img2478jmrju.png

img24777opij.png

img24771orq4q.png

img2476jpq12.png

Still waiting to my White LEDs from Amazon :banghead:
Next steps: Custom white desk and white color for the hole room :lol: and sleeving my cables :thumbup:

As for my PowerMac G5 case, I will wait with it till my next build (with the next gen CPUs after Ivy Bridge) or sell it.

Guys just wanted to say thank you all and the whole Tonymacx86 team!
I've sold my hackintosh and got a pretty good deal on a MacBook Pro 15 inch Mid 2012 2,6GHz, 8GB RAM and 750GB HDD. Swapped out to my used Samsung 830 256GB SSD and it's pretty fast. Just last thing I want to do is 16GB RAM upgrade. This beauty hits 12.000 in geekbench :D

Again, thanks to everyone here. It was a great journey and great hobby to work on a hackintosh, due to no time and my new job I had to go with a real MBP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back