Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Core i5 3570K on Asus P8Z77M-PRO | 8GB RAM | GTX660 Ti 2GB | SSD OCZ Agility 120GB and WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,
After long time of being bored on windows i decided to change it. I had already few tries on my Acer 5750G notebook but it wasn't the bas as compatibility on Notebooks isn't very well. I decided to roll back to windows the due to non working graphics card. Now i have brand new build and luckily fully compatible for hackintosh except of two USB 3.0 ports on back which i really don't use at all. I would like to guide you through procedure of building your own Hackintosh from scratch.
And what you need ? A lot of USB's ! :crazy:

Screenshot at mar 10 18-35-06.jpg

:beachball: Part 1: Flash your Bios!
To get almost full functionality of your motherboard you need to load patched BIOS for OSX.

http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/

Go ahead and download the new one 1805. All you need is plain USB based on NTFS.
:!: IMPORTANT! You have use USB flashback solution.

1. Download zip file and put P8Z77MP.CAP to root of your USB device.
2. Shutdown the system, plug in USB to the flashback usb port of course.
3. Open your case and hit flashback button, it will flash, flash, flash.
4. When flashing of the led is gone, unplug USB and start your PC.
5. Viola, your system is ready for OSX ;)

s5NVFfO.jpg

:beachball: Part 2: Get rid of Windows!
Right solution is to purchase the Mountain Lion from official app store, however thats kinda hard when you don't have OSX yet.
So first of all you need to start somewhere and make your OSX USB. However this procedure i can't describe closely as it would be violation of Apple copyrights and distribution of piracy :p

My installation was done on my SSD which i partitioned in Ubuntu. So at the start it was basically dualboot installation. Later on i restored system and removed windows as i screwed him up when i was trying to load him in virtual machine ;P

:beachball: Part 3: Install the Beast!
Once you are in your legal OSX installation download Multibeast.
:!: IMPORTANT! Be careful as your network could be not working.
Prepare Multibeast + Kext Utility on your USB stick!

Once you are in install those below:
ffc36cfcbf2644c69a412ce.png

:beachball: Part 4: Almost there!
Remove if installed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext you don't need this if you have patched BIOS!
Download this FakeSMC drivers and install it over Kext utility. Don't for forget to install HWmonitor as well.
Screenshot from Chameleon wizard:

Screenshot at mar 10 20-50-12.png

DSDT, i have several from guys over the forum but i don't see any difference with or without it.
Anyway I'm using this one :) all credits to Antifades.

Whats not working are 2 usb 3.0 ports as they are ASmedia controlled.
There is kext for it but once you install it sleep will not work anymore.
I don't use those so i decided to do nothing about it.
Graphic card was working out of Box. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Screenshot at mar 10 21-38-26.png

And bit of over-clock as well with no problems running like a rocket.

Screenshot at mar 10 22-20-51.png

If you run in to any kind of trouble contact me, I'll try to help you.
If you have any additional ideas how I can improve my setup I highly appreciate any help as I'm still newbie to this things :)
with Love Sweny :p

Update: now on 10.8.3 with no problems.

Cool nice write up. I got a almost the same build, amazing how simple it is with this asus board. Ill be reinstalling to fix a few issues after playing with a few kexts I probably didn't need. I didn't notice the usb3 ports in the back didn't work... Ill have to test mine. I'm also going to setup a fusion drive. Maybe you can try that put as well.

Enjoy your new system, I know I am :)

Hi thanks for reply ;) i want to use my HDD for windows. I still play a lot of games.
So fusion drive maybe later, but a good point :)

Hi
Why do you have to flush the BIOS? I am sceptical to that, I just bought the mobo, should it not have the latest BIOS installed? what version are we talking about?

my setup is:

CoolerMaster Elite 310 með 460
Asus P8Z77-M PRO
Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz 22n
Corsair 16GB 2x8 1600MHz CL10
Samsung 250GB SSD 840 2.5 Basi
Seagate 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64

should it not be the same as yours, more or less. I can not install osx unless starting in safe mode.

regards
T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back