1. 0
My Build;

Motherboard – ASUS Rampage 2 GENE
Processor – Intel i7 920 @ 3.21
RAM – 12GB DDR3 Corsair
Graphics – XFX ATI Radeon HD4890
HDD – 256GB(SSD), 1TB, 1TB, 500GB, 120GB
Optical – LG Blu-ray Writer
Sound – Onboard 8 channel (I have 5.1 surround working)
Network – Ralink R2870 with utility

1.I Installed Mountain Lion with UniBeast, using this tutorial http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibea...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html, to my 1TB HDD(this will be copied onto my SSD drive once compete and woking) .

2.On the MultiBeast package I installed

3.Once I had a bootable hard drive I wanted my graphics to work properly. So I ran the latest package from http://exoticpatch.eu.ki/

4.Next I needed to access my NTFS drives, for this I used Tuxera NTFS for Mac.

5.Next I installed SuperDuper so I could do backups each time I had a successful install of each Kext.

6.Next I needed to get my audio working with 5.1 surround. To do this I used this tutorial http://www.freefilehosting.net/51surroundsound. The interfaces are mapped like so;
Internal (built-in): Front(RL) Only + Sub
Line Out 1: Rear(RL) Only + Sub
Line Out 2: Center only + Sub
To make it work out of all 5 speakers at the same time you need to create a Multi Output Device in the MIDI utility(Google it).

7.Now all that was left was to get internet working. This took a little work as Ralink aren’t releasing the new drivers until October. However this is a patched version that I use for my Ralink R2870 device http://www.freefilehosting.net/ralinkr2870.

8.Finally I have to copy all the working system over to my SSD, so I simply run SuperDuper followed by multi beast to install the latest version of chimera (make sure you change the install location)

Now I have a very nice running Hackintosh with Mountain Lion.

Any Questions about me build just ask.

Regards

I'm going to update my Rampage II Gene with Lion to Mountain Lion, it's good to see someone who made it already.

I only have a problem with your guide, here:

2.On the MultiBeast package I installed

In this part, there aren't any image. I need to know what kext did you used to make audio and everything works.

Thanks!

Oops I knew I forgot to put something in....

Basically I just installed easybeast and lnx2mac network kext. For the audio the latest version of voodoo works. However I recommend not using that and actually use the one I provide above for full 5.1 audio.

Rgds

But I use normal 2.0 sound, because I don't have a 5.1 sound system. That kext works fine with normal 2.0 sound?

Another question, you didn't use a DSDT? Because I've extracted my DSDT and patched with a DSDT patch for Rampage II Gene that I've found at Olarilla.com, and it works fine with Lion, except for audio, that only works with the Voodoo HDA v0.2.61 and sounds like crap.

The latest voodoo works fine with mountain lion.

Also I have never used a patched DSDT as I have never needed to use one.

This is curious. So, in this case the sleep/wake, speedstep and cpupowermanagement are working even without the DSDT for you?

Here everything works perfectly, except for this problem with sound.

Well, I'm gonna update to Mountain Lion very soon, so I'll try it with and without the DSDT and post the results, maybe it can even improve your guide.

Thanks!

not too sure about the speed step.

its enabled in my bios, but not too sure if it is working as whenever i dont use it i just it it to sleep.

i could be a usefull thing to have though so if you manage to get it working please let me know? also if you have a DSDT and it has any advantages please post it up.

maybe between us we could have a good tutorial for a motherboard that no one on these forums seem to use

I have an ASUS Rampage 2 GENE as well. Looking to make the switch to ML but not sure where to start. Did you do anything special for the mobo like flash a modified BIOS ROM?

no none at all just the latest bios version from asus' website

Thanks for responding. I'm not as scared as I was to try the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back