Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus P8Z77-M Pro, i5 3750k, GeForce GTX 670, Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Just upgraded with a motherboard header adapter for the front panel USB 3.0 ports, so now I don't have those ugly cables up top any more :thumbup:

sweet build!

Do you think this board is worth it over a the q-77 m gigabyte board? I know you don't have experience with that board just curious in your opinion as I see you hacked a gigabyte board before. I can flash a mb so I'm not scared to flow a guide. I guess the benefit to this board is you could over clock it. Other than that is there any pitfalls to this over the gigabyte?

sweet build!

Do you think this board is worth it over a the q-77 m gigabyte board? I know you don't have experience with that board just curious in your opinion as I see you hacked a gigabyte board before. I can flash a mb so I'm not scared to flow a guide. I guess the benefit to this board is you could over clock it. Other than that is there any pitfalls to this over the gigabyte?

I'm don't think I could tell you, to be honest – I would just compare features and go with the one that suits you best. The Gigabyte board that I used didn't have an UEFI BIOS, so for that I've been using the classic DSDT method – it was much easier with this board, I can tell you that.

Thanks, basically the answer I was looking for.

I'm curious what your cinebench score with the GTX 670 is?

hello jshalen, i have the same specification as you, everything works..but i have a litle problem...the network icon does not appear..any reason? have any idea why?

thanks in advance

hello jshalen, i have the same specification as you, everything works..but i have a litle problem...the network icon does not appear..any reason? have any idea why?

thanks in advance

The Wi-Fi icon you mean? Does the Wi-Fi show up in System Preferences -> Network? If so you should just be able to check "Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar" there. If it doesn't show up I guess there must be either something wrong with the (physical) installation, or there might be something wrong with the card. I didn't have to install anything at all to get the Wi-Fi to work – I could even use it in the OS X installer.

The Wi-Fi icon you mean? Does the Wi-Fi show up in System Preferences -> Network? If so you should just be able to check "Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar" there. If it doesn't show up I guess there must be either something wrong with the (physical) installation, or there might be something wrong with the card. I didn't have to install anything at all to get the Wi-Fi to work – I could even use it in the OS X installer.

no, icon from "ethernet" ( using cable, not wireless), but i think it´s a "common" problem, i´ve been searching in google and many people ask the same....
thanks in advance

no, icon from "ethernet" ( using cable, not wireless), but i think it´s a "common" problem, i´ve been searching in google and many people ask the same....
thanks in advance

Not sure which icon you mean… In System Preferences? Did you install the lx2Mac Realtek Ethernet drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back