Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can change it by installing a new System Definition with MultiBeast. Be sure to repair permissions before rebooting tho. If everything works with 3,1 then you don't need to change but you easily can and may achieve better benchmark results with a newer definition such as Mac Pro 6,1 or an iMac 14,2. Keep me posted...:thumbup:

I tried both Mac Pro 6.1 and iMac 14.2 and no performance improvements for me.
BTW I used geekbench. What do you use for benchmarking?
I'm also curious if multibeast change anything else then smbios.plst.
I just used multibeast to change the system definition and it looks like works fine. I don't know how to repair permissions or what they referring to.

I tried both Mac Pro 6.1 and iMac 14.2 and no performance improvements for me.
BTW I used geekbench. What do you use for benchmarking?
I'm also curious if multibeast change anything else then smbios.plst.
I just used multibeast to change the system definition and it looks like works fine. I don't know how to repair permissions or what they referring to.

I use many different benchmark utilities: Geekbench, LuxMark, NovaBench, CineBench just to name a few.

I doubt that you really had no significant improvements with a newer System Definition over Mac Pro 3,1. After installing a new System Definition via MultiBeast, there are 2 ways to repair permissions natively.

1. Disk Utility (Easiest Method)
    • Select your Mavericks Drive and click "Repair Permissions"
  2. Terminal
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

After permissions have been repaired, reboot your machine and run your benchmark tests. :thumbup:

Hi Leone, I got Syba USB dongle and it works perfectly!!! Many thanks!:thumbup:

Hi Lexone
I got NovaBench to benchmark Hacintosh and Win7. Surprisingly, Win 7 performs much better. Is it something that can improve, e.g. in Chameleon settings or others? Thanks in advance!
Screenshot 2014-03-22 20.26.22.jpgScreenshot 2014-03-22 20.24.29.png

Hi Lexone
I got NovaBench to benchmark Hacintosh and Win7. Surprisingly, Win 7 performs much better. Is it something that can improve, e.g. in Chameleon settings or others? Thanks in advance!
View attachment 87360View attachment 87361

I am not surprised that Windows 7 performs better in benchmark results. Remember, we are building a Mac on PC parts so you would assume that since these parts are designed for Windows, they would achieve better results running Windows. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to tweak anything to get better results. I'm not the biggest fan of NovaBench, try some other tools out there and see what results you get then compare. :thumbup:

finally upgraded to mavericks. I downloaded 10.9.2 from app store and did everything according to this guide, everything works fine with the system in my profile and no problem so far.

great job, thanks again :thumbup:

finally upgraded to mavericks. I downloaded 10.9.2 from app store and did everything according to this guide, everything works fine with the system in my profile and no problem so far.

great job, thanks again :thumbup:

Great! Glad I was able to assist...and thanks for the kudos!

First of all, Thank You for making this guide. I have the P7P55 LX (very similar to yours :) Anyways you said you patched your own DSDT using MaciASL but my mobo or yours is not listed in the repo so how did you go about doing this?

First of all, Thank You for making this guide. I have the P7P55 LX (very similar to yours :) Anyways you said you patched your own DSDT using MaciASL but my mobo or yours is not listed in the repo so how did you go about doing this?

I actually may have done it with DSDTEditor when that was the popular app, it's been a while. But I had found a text file containing all the patches for the board and just needed to apply it to my DSDT export. Then I saved that DSDT and kept using it for OS X rebuilds. I have actually had it since I made my first hack with Snow Leopard and have used it for every upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back