Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Hi guys! I have the Z390 , i7 8700k , rx580 running Clover MOJAVE... I've literally ran into too many situations where software are no longer supported. I tried to do a clean install by following dortania's guides, but had no luck in installing Sonoma. It boots and runs some codes... then a forbidden sign. I tried following everything from the guide but seems something might have went wrong.

Would it be wise to convert from Clover to OpenCore instead and install a later OSX version. Actually the only reason I'd like to upgrade to a later version is due to software compatibility, otherwise I'm perfectly happy with 10.14.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Sorry for the delay! I was overseas for work last week. Attached is my EFI folder.

Note: My EFI folder is like my golf swing. Don't ask me to make corrections because it is working as is (for me :))!
Hi there, think I can just your EFI for my installation? I have a i7 8700k CPU and rx580 gpu

Appreciate it if someone could have a look at my EFI and bootlog...

Attachments

• EFI_01_NOV.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • opencore-2023-10-30-234321.txt
    256 KB · Views: 11
Appreciate it if someone could have a look at my EFI and bootlog...
you need to do this properly:

you need to do this properly:
Hi does this mean its not possible to install Sonoma on the first go ?

Hi does this mean its not possible to install Sonoma on the first go ?
remove your current attempt at USB patching

then enable XhciPortLimit Quirk, make sure you are using latest opencore

Glad to hear it. Sorry for my lack of response as I just returned from a week in Korea.

Sitting pretty on 13.6.1 and OC 0.9.6.

Back