Contribute
Register

Stupid me updated via App Store instead of getting a combo update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77x-UD3H
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
evga GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
While everything works flawlessly I'm having trouble switching the definition from iMac to Mac Pro. When I do this I get kernel panic and the system won't boot (I had to boot it with -x flag and switch the definition back to iMac to get it working again). The reason I want to switch definitions is because I'm noticing people, for some reason, are getting better performance with the Mac Pro definition, at least according to Geekbench.

I'm assuming the system calls panic because the app store gave me an update specifically designed for iMac, and not the universal one, so there's probably a conflict of some sort. Would a combo update to 10.8.5 fix this when it comes out?

Which MacPro definition are you attempting to use ?

As I understand it, 5,1 uses ECC memory - You will need to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Run MultiBeast and select Customisation - System Definitions - Mac Pro - Mac Pro 5,1

In Finder navigate to System / Library / Extensions and delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Restart and all should be ok

As I understand it, 5,1 uses ECC memory - You will need to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Run MultiBeast and select Customisation - System Definitions - Mac Pro - Mac Pro 5,1

In Finder navigate to System / Library / Extensions and delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Restart and all should be ok

My extensions folder is for some reason empty. Is that even normal?

Did you look in Library/Extensions instead of System/Library/Extensions ?

You're welcome, I'm glad it worked out ok in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back