Motherboard
Intel NUC DC3217BY
CPU
i3-3217U
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all. I would like to use Mountain Lion (or maybe something little bit newer) on an Ivy based Intel NUC (DC3217BY). I have no original Mac, so first time I tried to install directly SL on it (iBoot+Multibeast, 10.6 or 10.6.3, update to 10.6.8, update to 10.8), but I failed. After I changed the iBoot CD to the install DVD kernel panic was the outcome, I didn't find solution. The next turn was the same idea, but onto a Sandy based Celeron, without the update 10.8, but at last step make a Mountain Lion install USB. It's an ECS mainboard with a soldered down Celeron 847 processor, I installed a Geforce card. First time I used a 6800, after the installation I changed to a GT130 (changed nothing at all). After the update to 10.6.8 the mouse pointer became extremely slow, I have no idea why. My goal is to install a 10.8 to the NUC, so I didn't try to update to 10.8, I tried (am trying) to make an install USB key with 10.8. I downloaded the image file from apple support, I extracted the "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" as P1LGRIM wrote in the last comment of the 10.8 installation guide thread, I copied the InstallMacOSX.dmg to the a download directory (I downloaded on an another machine), and... I stucked. "Selected Mac OS X Installer is Incomplete". So what should I do? Have I extract the .pkg from the .dmg, and put it to the downloads? Or only I have to close UniBeast and restart it? I try this one, but if it doesn't work, I have no more idea...

IMG_20230802_224425.jpg
IMG_20230802_224441.jpg
IMG_20230802_225145.jpg

Thanks for answering. So all the free installers on Apple's website are only updaters, to use them we need an installed OS X? How can I download a full installer?

Thanks for answering. So all the free installers on Apple's website are only updaters, to use them we need an installed OS X? How can I download a full installer?
sorry, I didn't see your other file InstallMacOSX.dmg

what happens when you mount it and run the pkg file from inside it?

sorry, I didn't see your other file InstallMacOSX.dmg

what happens when you mount it and run the pkg file from inside it?
Never mind. :) On the 10.6.8 machine? It started the install application, finished with success, after I tried the upgrade, it started as it have to, after a while restarted the machine, and... nothing changed, the Snow Leopard started up as before. The extracted InstallOSXMountainLion.app (or what) was in the Applications directory too, maybe this is why it didn't upgrade the OS X.

Back