Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi
I put iboot in my computer then i put the MAC OSX 10.6.3 dvd. The DVD of MAC OSX start but it still stuck on the apple logo at the beginning.
I can't boot it.

My built hackintosh is
Motherboard : Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Graphic Card : Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
Memory : Kingston KVR 6gb
Processor : Intel I7 3.06 ghz

What can i do?

Gabriel2222 said:
yes i configure my BIOS

Make sure ACHI support is on. Have you tried booting the install DVD with any options?

-v should give you more info on what's going on
-x will boot to safe mode which may get it going.

i try -v and -x but nothing is happening but i'm not sure that i am doing the right thing with -v and -x

should i press - + v or - + x at the same time

i find iboot never worked for me on neither my amd quad desktop nor did it work on my i7 system, i used chameleon rc2 rev 650 bootdisc, that got me in but had to use usb keybaord and mouse, u should try boot flags

-v -x cpus=1 busratio=16 / busratio=20 memsize=4096

that should get it going, the kernel in the disc is important, a legacy darwin 10.5 kernel is normally best for initial install, once installed the default apple kernel works for intel core 2 and i series cpus

Gabriel2222 said:
Hi
I put iboot in my computer then i put the MAC OSX 10.6.3 dvd. The DVD of MAC OSX start but it still stuck on the apple logo at the beginning.
I can't boot it.

My built hackintosh is
Motherboard : Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Graphic Card : Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
Memory : Kingston KVR 6gb
Processor : Intel I7 3.06 ghz

What can i do?
Boot with iBoot. Swap iBoot disc for Snow Leopard install disk. Wait until drive light goes out. Hit F5 - you should see iBoot icon replaced with Snow Leopard install disc icon. Type in (just start typing, a box will appear): -v PCIRootUID=0 and hit enter. The SL install disk should load. If it doesn't, take pic of screen and post back here.

Gabriel, Our motherboards aren't exactly the same but they are similar. I had the same problem until I tried a different HD and swapped around the SATA connections. I originally had my Seagate blank HD on SATA-0 and my DVD drive on SATA-1.. I swapped out the Seagate for a Hitachi, put the DVD drive on SATA-0 and the Hitachi on SATA-1. The install immediately worked after I did this.

Interestingly I had no issues install 10.6.3 with 8gb memory 2 sticks of 4gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back