Contribute
Register

Stuck--Not sure what's going wrong... Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer with Haswell i7-4790K

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the UEFI for your board make sure the setting for first init display is for internal gfx since you are using the CPU gfx.
set the igfx memory at 64M

boot with -v npci=0x2000

post results.

At first I was using my PCI graphics card, but after what you said, Going Bald, I swapped via VGA cable to my on-board gfx. I could not find a setting in my UEFI for first init display, but I did find an option for "Primary Graphics" or something along those lines and I set it to "Onboard."

I then proceeded to do as you said and run -v npci=0x2000 at the boot, but that gave me the same kernel panic as I had earlier when I tried to run the USB boot-up with no flags. So I went ahead and tried to boot again with -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 -no-zp and I got this:

IMG_20150221_095020.jpg

I'm suspecting something to do with ACPI HPET settings, but I went into my UEFI and I could only find a setting saying: ACPI HPET: Enabled/Disabled. No setting for 64bit. Also, I could not find how to set my igfx to 64M.

At first I was using my PCI graphics card, but after what you said, Going Bald, I swapped via VGA cable to my on-board gfx.

Apple do not use VGA in their products so there is no support for it in their operating system.

Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Good Luck

Apple do not use VGA in their products so there is no support for it in their operating system.

Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Good Luck

I switched to DVI, since HDMI was not working for some reason. No change in status. I'm still getting the same errors.

I switched to DVI, since HDMI was not working for some reason. No change in status. I'm still getting the same errors.
Do not use GE=Yes with internal graphics. It is still trying to load the nVidia card. Remove it totally from the build. The 750 is not supported at all in 10.6.x and only in later versions with the Web drivers. I think this is where it is hanging on the boot.

Do not use GE=Yes with internal graphics. It is still trying to load the nVidia card. Remove it totally from the build. The 750 is not supported at all in 10.6.x and only in later versions with the Web drivers. I think this is where it is hanging on the boot.

This did the trick! Thanks! After installing Yosemite, I was able to download the NVIDIA webdrivers, modify the boot.plist file. Got sound working, internet works, gfx works. So far so good. I'll report any future problems.

Thanks Going Bald for helping me through this process!

In the words of Borat:
Great success!! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back