Contribute
Register

Stuck at STEP 4: Post-Installation Using MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
My keyboard is wired, I've unplugged the wireless USB mouse but am having the same results.

Yes, I took out the wireless card the motherboard came with and installed it with the ''Broadcom Wireless 802 11/a/g/n Internet WLAN Adapter Card'

It seems to be failing though on the CPU Power Management, not the bluetooth or wireless card. I'm going to write it all out....

Unable to open /var/dbBootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Waiting for DSMOS
cx_swapon SUCESS
PI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: start - waitForService (resouceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
--power management may be incomplete or unsupported

If you're using a 3770K or 3570K there aren't any 'Real Macs" that use those CPUs therefore you'll get that unrecognized
cpu message. It's not what is causing the KP.

If you're using a 3770K or 3570K there aren't any 'Real Macs" that use those CPUs therefore you'll get that unrecognized
cpu message. It's not what is causing the KP.

I'm using a 3770k, forgot to mention that.

So how do I move forward here?

I don't have any bluetooth devices plugged in. Just my keyboard which is wired.

I removed the stock wireless card and replaced it with this...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OB0FPI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm using a 3770k, forgot to mention that.

So how do I move forward here?

I don't have any bluetooth devices plugged in. Just my keyboard which is wired.

I removed the stock wireless card and replaced it with this...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OB0FPI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use that DW1510 in my H77n wifi build and it works natively so that shouldn't be a problem. I would try
next to do a safe boot to try and get in then run MB to see if that will allow you boot from the SSD.

try setting igfx in the bios to auto instead of enabled if you haven't done that yet.
The boot flag for a safe boot is -x

I've set to auto, same result.

Where do you set the boot flag? In terminal through the USB boot?

Once I boot through the USB, and get to installation, my PS/2 keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks a mil for all your help.

I've set to auto, same result.

Where do you set the boot flag? In terminal through the USB boot?

Once I boot through the USB, and get to installation, my keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks a mil for all your help.

If you can't even install after booting with the unibeast USB.
Try plugging the keyboard into any/all of the other usb two ports and see if one of them works.
Various ports will have a different controller that can cause problems.

You'd use the -x flag at the chimera boot screen by pressing any key and then typing -x in the box that appears.

If you can't even install after booting with the unibeast USB.
Try plugging the keyboard into any/all of the other usb two ports and see if one of them works.
Various ports will have a different controller that can cause problems.

You'd use the -x flag at the chimera boot screen by pressing any key and then typing -x in the box that appears.

I think the issue is I'm using a PS/2 keyboard.

I've booted into the safe mode. Now what? I shouldn't re-install OS X should I?

I think the issue is I'm using a PS/2 keyboard.

I've booted into the safe mode. Now what? I shouldn't re-install OS X should I?

Won't hurt anything if you do. Main thing is to get Multibeast installed with just the
basics. Try a dsdt free install and install the correct audio / ethernet kexts. Then reboot
and try to boot from the SSD. Good Luck, signing off for the night.

Won't hurt anything if you do. Main thing is to get Multibeast installed with just the basics. Try a dsdt free install and install the correct audio / ethernet kexts. Then reboot and try to boot from the SSD. Good Luck, signing off for the night.

This is the problem though, I can't get to Multibeast, I freeze up before it gets to that point.

Step 4.4 here...is where I freeze...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back