Contribute
Register

Strange Webcam Issue.... Anyone seen an issue as this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700k LGA 1151
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11 Gig
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So here's what happened. I bought a Probook 4530s. The XU015UT#ABA model and after the help of the many wonderful people on this forum (Rehabman...big thanks) i was able to get everything i cared about working ok. Everything except my webcam. For some reason, my webcam appeared really dark and i couldnt make out an image especially in poor light. I read this forum here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/65330-fix-dark-camera-2.html

so i decided to boot into windows and update the firmware, the only problem was that it appears that the module i had for my webcam was the unsupported one so i couldnt flash the firmware. I eventually decided to buy another 4530s with the proper webcam module so i could flash. so i went ahead and bought a new 4530s model A7K05UT#ABA with the intention of taking the other back. i loaded my HD from the older laptop into the new one and everthing boots fine. I went into windows and flashed the new firmware on the webcam. i tested it fine and windows and it works perfectly. i now load Mountain Lion, and launch face time and Photo Booth and the video im getting appears pixellated. the best description i could give is that the video appears 10x zoomed in. that by the way is not an exaggeration. I dont know what to do or why its like that. i looked in the system information under USB and this is what i see.

HP HD Webcam [Fixed]:

Product ID: 0x2888
Vendor ID: 0x1bcf (Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.)
Version: 10.19
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Sunplus IT Co
Location ID: 0x1d140000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

what does all this mean? can anyone help me make sense of it? i've search high and low and i havent seen anyone else with this issue besides me. anyone has any ideas?

Please people.. please HELP ME!! any suggestions? i just found out now that if i launch iMessage and do a video preview at the menu, my camera comes up working perfectly normal like its supposed to. but as soon as i close out of the video preview and go back into facetime or photo booth, i get the pixelated low resolution display again. Again, the best i can compare it to would be full screening a 50 x 50 resolution. please help guys...

I have two of these Probook 4530s, one has this same issue as you :

HP HD Webcam [Fixed]:

Product ID: 0x2888
Vendor ID: 0x1bcf (Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.)
Version: 10.19
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Sunplus IT Co
Location ID: 0x1d140000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

Anybody have a fix for this besides swapping the hardware ??

Thanks
~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back