Contribute
Register

Strange issue with sleep on hp-f158nr

Status
Not open for further replies.
How?

In DSDT was Device (ACEL) with _LID that I removed. It's protect device with accelerator for hard drive. After restart nothing changed. Now in DSDT only Device (LID0). I don't know what to do now.

added.
I don't know is it correct or no.
Returned in DSDT: Device(ACEL)
Removed from DSDT:
External (LIDS, FieldUnitObj) // (from opcode)
{
If (LNotEqual (Local0, LIDS))
{
If (^^^IGPU.GLID (Local0))
{
Or (0x80000000, ^^^IGPU.CLID, ^^^IGPU.CLID)
}
}
}
}

Store (Local0, LIDS)
It seems all working. PC goes to sleep ~2-3 sec, but goes out sleep 5-6 sec (it seems it is long time). Will observe the sleep issue

Last edited:
Observing showed issue occurrence (BIOS version F42 was, now F33 is), and I found out that it irrespective from BIOS version, OS (may be except Windows, I don't use it on a permanent basis) and other thing. More strangely that issue was in Linux the same way as in Mac, so I started play with BIOS versions thinking error in BIOS is cause. Nothing changed, except downgrade to F33 gave an opportunity to make more clear/good DSDT/SSDT but still issue occurred. And I met one comment on one Russian forum tenor of it is next: UEFI consists of different code region one of it is Intel Management Engine region (physically ME microcontroller on motherboard/chipset is) and some firmware of IME controller has error which have influence on power management. Symptoms are next: after continuous load system hanging up when attempting to go in S5/S4/S3 states and hard reset helped only. Problems is with firmware versions 9.5.17хх (in my haswell case, exact buggy version I don't know) and it should to update with 9.5.19хх to avoid.

How deal with it.
Look IME version, for example by attached tool MeInfo (or take appropriate tool on links below). It should placed to EFI partition (in my case /EFI/BOOT) and called in UEFI shell. My version was 9.5.20.1742. After you can choose tool (http://www.win-raid.com/596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html) and software (or from site of your vendor). Now I have 9.5.55.1948 and any sleep failure over a 42 hour period and 26 cycles close/open LID (suspend) then rebooted to Linux.

P.S. Battery patch "battery_HP-G6-2221ss" worked with F42 BIOS doesn't applicable with F33 version which requires "battery_HP-Pavilion-n012tx" patch. My config and tables are attached, discrete graphic is disabled, may be useful for analogous systems.

Attachments

• MeInfo.efi.zip
    180.5 KB · Views: 97
  • tables.zip
    49 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back