Contribute
Register

Strange Autosleep issue - works if set timer to 1min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook PRO 15" Retina
CPU
2.6ghz Quad Core i7
Graphics
650m 1gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey folks, I am having a weird issue with Auto sleep.. If i set the auto sleep timer to be 1min, then the system Auto sleeps after about 3min,
Monitor turns off at the 1min mark, then the rest of the system takes about 2 more min to fully sleep. BUT if i set the sleep timer to 15min, ONLY the monitor turns off. No matter how long i wait after the 15min (including overnight test) it does not full sleep.

I don't mind trying out pleaseSleep app or something simular, but thought i would ask if anyone has seen this situation before? or have any suggestions. It seems to be linked to the DVD drive - as if this is disconnected from the SATA controller it works as autosleep irrelevant to the timer settings.

The system sleeps and wakes perfectly (no loss of any connection/network) if i use the "sleep" option from the mac menu.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - I have tried darkwake=10/1/0 (although i believe that some folks mentioned just editing the org.chameleon.boot.plist might need its permissions reset?).

Cheers in advance for anyone kind enough to help :)

Here is my setup:
Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 (F8)
CPU = Intel Core i5 2500T,
PSU = SEASONIC SS-400FL FANLESS,
CPU cooler = 1 Scythe SHURIKEN SCSK-1100,
RAM = 8GB DDR3 1333mhz (CMX16GX3M4A1333C9),
Hard Drive = Kingston SSDNow V Series 128 GB SATA 3 GB/s 2.5- Inch Solid State Drive SNV425-S2/128GB,
Graphics Card = Asus GeForce 210 Silent Graphics Card 1GB (EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP)).
DVD = Sony Optiarc AD-7280S-0B

Bios settings:
PCH SATA control mode = AHCI,
ACPI mode = STR,
HPET mode = 64bit,
USB3 = Disabled.

Multibeast settings:
User DSDT = DSDT-GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3-F8.aml
Audio = With DSDT/Realtek ALC8xx/ALC889,
Network = Realtek Gigabit Ethernet.
Disk = TRIM Enabler,
Disk = IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext (replaced this kext (kextbeast) with the one in this thread - to make DVD internal: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/60793-eject-button-ml-3.html)
SSDT Options = Sandy Bridge Core i5.

darkwake=10 ( case sensitive, no spaces)

works here to have autosleep fully functionable

darkwake=10 ( case sensitive, no spaces)

works here to have autosleep fully functionable

I've tried this with no luck. And I was using the lowercase as I only altered the flag values when I edited the plist. How did you edit the plist file?? I used macs built in textedit. Should I do this through the terminal instead? Is there any specific way to edit it? And are there any permissions I need to set/reset for the edits to work correctly ??

Cheers
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back