HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I have a Asus P8H77-i with a i3 3225. I have change the SATA to AHCI. When i'm trying to boot from the USB drive a little stop sign appears on the apple logo. Im using the VGA output on my motherboard because my cheap monitor only supports VGA. Is that the problem?

Hi

I have a Asus P8H77-i with a i3 3225. I have change the SATA to AHCI. When i'm trying to boot from the USB drive a little stop sign appears on the apple logo. I'm using the VGA output on my motherboard because my cheap monitor only supports VGA. Is that the problem?

Yes, it probably is. Apple no longer uses VGA connectors on Macs for some time and therefore OSX does not support VGA output on newer systems. Perhaps you may try using the HDMI output together with a HDMI to VGA cable or HDMI to VGA adapter?

Yes, it probably is. Apple no longer uses VGA connectors on Macs for some time and therefore OSX does not support VGA output on newer systems. Perhaps you may try using the HDMI output together with a HDMI to VGA cable or HDMI to VGA adapter?

Thanks, that's exactly the answer I needed in another Thread.

@MortenSJ: In my case, I don't get the Stop-Sign. However I got it, when I first tried to install over a USB3 port, maybe that's causing the problem in your case.

I had same issue on my GA Z77 MB. Updated BIOS and change setting to AHCI. Started as Single user and it worked. HDMI that is.

I will start with trying another monitor. I have read that VGA is not supported so i guess that must be the problem. If not, i will try to update my BIOS. Thanks :)

UPDATE: I switched the USB port and now it all works. I can boot and i installed ML fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back