Contribute
Register

Statistics from the 'Post your GeekBench scores' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only hunch I have is
the effect of 102mhz on the ram and video speed. These two will also get over clocked as a result. So it's not just the CPU affected you know.

Tagny Daggart said:
It would be awesome if you could manage to collect and report the actual clock speed of the cpus rather than just the native clock speed. =)

Right now Geekbench reports the clock speed that Mac OS X reports. I'd love to report the actual clock speed, but the only way I can think of gathering that information is by developing a kernel extension that reads the frequency from the processor's model-specific registers. There are all sorts of reasons why I don't want to go down this path. :)

If you know of another way to read the actual clock speed let me know!

I just updated the charts with several more data points. I'm also being even more conservative about what data is included. However, as before, I am still only including 64-bit Geekbench scores in both charts.

That is a very nice score for 3.4GHz, giving you a GB/GHz rating of over 4000. Are you running Lion or ML? This is one factor that I wish I had better stats on, as I do believe this makes a difference. I am hoping the ML gives us closer to SL performance on Sandy Bridge, and even better performance on Ivy Bridge.

I updated from 10.7.3 -> 10.7.4 and my performance went down from 13760 to 12906:

MacPro3,1 - Geekbench Browser

I just tried overclocking to 4.2 (4.1 really and i had to use macmini 5.3 smbios and set turbo's to 42, 42, 42, 41) and got 14611:

Macmini5,3 - Geekbench Browser

I hope ML improves performance over 10.7.4! I'm tempted to try revert back to 10.7.3 :(

EDIT ///

I just reverted back to 3.4 after my OC experiment and my score is back up to 13744. Odd.

MacPro3,1 - Geekbench Browser

My 64Bit Geek Bench on my i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz with 16GB 1600Mhz with a plain ol' harddrive is: 13213. It seems so low. :banghead:

Could the fact that I have to use the iMac12.2 Smbios cause any issues?

Just discovering this topic (thanks koalaman)
Awesome data display ! :thumbup:
Very interesting to see the trends.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/user/40850

All with an i7 3570K. RAM at 2133MHz, timings I think are 11-11-11-28. GTX680 and Vertex 4 SSD if either of those are relevant. Top 2 are at 4.6GHz. Next 4 after that are 4.7GHz. Don't remember the ones after that.

Great thread! I have an OC'd 3770K running at 4.6GHz with 16GB RAM (1600MHz). My 64bit GeekBench score was 17134 but according to your calculations it should be 18860 (4100 X 4.6). Is there something else I can optimize to get closer to 18000? Not that I am complaining.. I'm very happy with my score so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back