Contribute
Register

Star Trek Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is the Star Trek fan in the household, I like it but am not what you'd call an avid fan :) I watched some of the original series, have seen all movies and also all of the newer series TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise. We own all on DVD or BD with the exception of the original series.

I think my favourite is TNG, I did enjoy a lot of the original series, but I have to admit that Shatner's cadence annoyed me a little at times, but the other characters helped me to forget it more often than not :)

I am SOOO facn of Star Trek, during this summer vacation (and after it) I did a marathon of re-watching each and every episode of "Enterprise" and "Voyager", and soon I will be continuing to TNG and DS9.

Here's a great freeze frame shot from the new HD TNG trailer. Using it as my wallpaper.

:headbang:

Attachments

• entHD.png
    entHD.png
    492.3 KB · Views: 206
Wow, what a difference. Been watching ST:TNG again and the quality from DVD is just woeful :( I remember how great it was at the time, how quickly we become used to HD quality.

I really hope they decide to release all of it in HD at some stage.

bwhinnen said:
Wow, what a difference. Been watching ST:TNG again and the quality from DVD is just woeful :( I remember how great it was at the time, how quickly we become used to HD quality.

I really hope they decide to release all of it in HD at some stage.

They are- next year!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kA44gbn8eI[/VIDEO]

Yeah I did watch that and my hope is that they do re-release the whole series and not just a few 'key' episodes over the next 12 months.

It would be interesting to see how much take up the current generation of kids has with these shows. Or if they will look at taking the Star Trek world further with another series rather than relying on the movies, now that would be awesome and great to see if over yet another new generation of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back