i7-4770
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I'll try to describe my issue as clear as possible. Ok, so I built a PC with pretty much the same parts listed here: http://lifehacker.com/5815715/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-mini-for-less-than-600

I used an SSD to install 10.8 and it failed every time with an installation error. I swapped the SSD with a HDD and the installation and OS worked just fine. So I carbon copy cloned the working 10.8 into the SSD and when it boots up using Unibeast, the system boots up just fine and really fast, I install the bootloader, then reboot and at that point I see the gray screen with the logo for a few seconds then the PC just shuts down.

Is this issue due to the fact that my SSD (brand new) is having issues or I'm missing some sort of additional step for installations with SSD?

Thanks.

Several OCZ SSDs have real problems with Mountain Lion. OCZ has said that either they or Apple will address the issue. Somehow. Sometime. They've been totally silent on what the issue is.

There are hack workarounds but the simplest solution is to use another SSD. Let me know if you want the hack workaround.

Thank god I bought an Intel 330 ssd...works great here....

Several OCZ SSDs have real problems with Mountain Lion. OCZ has said that either they or Apple will address the issue. Somehow. Sometime. They've been totally silent on what the issue is.

There are hack workarounds but the simplest solution is to use another SSD. Let me know if you want the hack workaround.

GREAT!
Your post told me what I have to fix. I have an OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD. I'm getting same result as OP. It is not practical for me to "use another SSD" so can you point me to the hack workarounds please?

I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. I've been unhappy with OCZ Agility 3's performance in my PC[ Win 7 & OSX] too using the ASM1061 PCIE card. OCZ tech support were of no help. I didn't return it because I thought I could work it out. My mistake. The price of this SSD is $140 USD this week. They are getting rid of them there are "4s" now and maybe even "5s" soon. I paid a bit more It turn out as NO BARGAIN. OCZ you lost me forever.

Weird that I have Agility3 120GB and Vertex3 120GB in 2 different machines running ML 10.8.1 and I have zero problems, trim working and all.
Your issue is somewhere else unless you have a defective SSD

That's just great. I've got an OCZ Octane I've been trying to get ML to boot from. It worked just fine with Lion but every time I try to boot ML from it, it stops somewhere before DSMOS has arrived and then after about a minute of doing nothing, it spews out line after line of something with IOBlockstorage in it until it fills up the log file. It then reboots with the drive then not showing up in the BIOS and will only show after a shutdown. Running 10.8.1 fine except for a boot1 error off of a new partition on my data drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back