Contribute
Register

Speed Step Only Works After Sleep - Maximus V Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried re-flashing to 12.04, then I was going to downgrade to the modified bios. I successfully upgraded, but now when I try to flash back the bios it has 2 long blinks, then the 3rd is very short then nothing, and no flash is performed. Any ideas? :oops:

Is there anything that could cause this? My Graphics card, Ram, Pci USB3 card? Anything. I made a list of kexts that are loaded before sleep but not after and will post it later.

Are you using a DSDT and where did you get it from?

I have the exact same problem with a maximus IV gene z and it's really bugging me. It worked fine in lion, and I lost my DSDT due to HDD failure during the upgrade, my current DSDT was made from patches from olarilla. What's your graphics card? What other devices do you have?

I've got the same problem with my Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3. I am using the latest bios. I've done clean installs of both Lion and Mountain Lion, and I have no idea what the issue is.

A new modified bios for my system was uploaded, so I'll try that and report back.

GOT IT!

OK heres the file i was talking about. Heres how to fix speed stepping

1. Install patched Bios for your motherboard
2. Delete NullCpuPowerManagement.kext
3. Install DSDT (Make one or find it through the database)
4. Install SSDT from multibeast depending on your processor
5. replace the .plist file in:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/

with the one provide.
6. Change smbios so that your computer is recognized as iMac 12,2. Make a backup of your smbios file just incase something bad happens.
7. Replace CPU Powermanagement.kext with the one provided.

I think thats everything. This is confirmed to work on ASUS P8P67 3.1. If i forgot anything just let me know :)
paperclip.png
Attached Files

All I needed from this guide was the iMac12.2 Though. Works Great! I just used MultiBeast though, now I have speedstep up to x45!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I stated in another thread, still nothing. Tried all Mac Pro smbios'es and KPed all of them but 3.1.

Did you try to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E as in 10.7.4 causing KP when switching smbios.plist definitions ?

This is the way it worked for me changing MacPro 3,1 to 4,1 or 5,1.

Did you try to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E as in 10.7.4 causing KP when switching smbios.plist definitions ?

This is the way it worked for me changing MacPro 3,1 to 4,1 or 5,1.

I did the first time, but not the second. I used show all files to delete the iMac12.2 smbios, then copied in the one from that thread.

I've got the same problem with my Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3. I am using the latest bios. I've done clean installs of both Lion and Mountain Lion, and I have no idea what the issue is.

I can confirm the same problem with my Asus P8Z68-V pro/gen3 running ML. Tried different SSDTs, injected the SSDT to DSDT, no luck. Tried also several patched AICPUPM kext's (e.g. that of Mieze --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...pleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-10-8-a-2.html). No speed stepping untill sleep/wakeup.
Changing the model to iMac12.2 (or .1) did not help.

I'll try the .plist suggested and report if it works.

I can confirm the same problem with my Asus P8Z68-V pro/gen3 running ML. Tried different SSDTs, injected the SSDT to DSDT, no luck. Tried also several patched AICPUPM kext's (e.g. that of Mieze --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...pleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-10-8-a-2.html). No speed stepping untill sleep/wakeup.
Changing the model to iMac12.2 (or .1) did not help.

I'll try the .plist suggested and report if it works.

Make sure you use the plist in that thread, with a VANILLA UNPATCHED AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement. Not the Patched one from maize or MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back