Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alright after much frustration as everything seems to just go straight to Kernel panic when I play around with either of these, I have a 4890 Graphics card which I have used the ati48xx boot cd. Now I have 3 monitors so having at least 2 monitors would be greatly appreciated, but unlike screenshots I don't see anything in regards to actualy configuration of the radeon 4890. The system pref's detect the exact card but I need options to enable secondary monitor. Also for that, I use the VGA - > HDMI option. I have no sound in otherwords either. My guess is it's all linked to the video card "program" such as windows has catalyst for configuring radeons....

Second My PCI Adapter, the one I use for the internet WMP300N I have no idea how to enable it? I'm trying everything but no idea how to get it enabled.

Okay no for a super easy question, I'm trying to edit so I can see the apple boot logo but what do you open / edit the kexts with? or plists or w/e. I need a step by step as to get in and change because I read:
Edit the file Info.plist that is located in System/Extensions/Library/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/

and such like that but how do i get into that. If i go to system/extensions/library/io80211Family.kext it stops me there, I can't extract I can't view, i can't go to properties... where and how do you edit that....

I know they are newbish questions but I understand the install methods oh so well just not the flipped mac osx yet :p

Well, in order to modify a kext, you should first copy it to a different location, then you can right-click on it and choose Show Package Contents.

I don't have an ATI card, but from what I've heard: you probably need to add your device id to the ATI4800Controller.kext. Or you can use the LegacyATI4800Controller in /Extra/Extensions which has a lot of device ids inserted already- it will override your ATI kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Install it with MultiBeast. Don't know if anyone has sound through HDMI yet on OS X, but it's possible.

Second, the wifi PCI device. I've made the edits- pretty easy and confirmed 32/64 bit according to this, and 100% working for the Linksys WMP300N.
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/do-you-h ... ion-t3704/

Here's the modified IO80211Famly.kext- make sure to save your original before installing. Install using Kext Helper b7 or Kext Utility, and make sure to rebuild kext caches and repair permissions before restart.
Public/Wifi_PCI_Linksys_WMP300N.zip

Good luck!! Let me know how this comes out!

Ill check it out tonight, thanks for the thorough reply tony, Really appreciate it!

Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell how to get my DLINK Wireless DWG-547 PCI card working in OS X 10.6.3 hackintosh. Thanks

Thanks for the .zip, Tony. Works great for my WMP300N (10.7.4 on a GA-EP45-UD3P LifeHacker-ish build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back