Contribute
Register

Sound and network card compatibility; will these work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
i5-4660S
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Network card compatibility; will this work?

(I figured out what my audio codec would be, not sure why my title isn't updating.)
This is what it shows for "Network adapters":

- Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V
- NETGEAR WNDA3100v2 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
- VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter

That last option for the network adapters is for my VirtualBox stuff, obviously.

Looking at the ASUS website and all the information provided for my specific motherboard, the Ethernet stuff is confusing. All it says is "Realtek® 8111G, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)", so I have no idea what I'd select in MultiBeast to get internet.

Will my network card be compatible on Yosemite (will install SL first and then create a UniBeast USB bootable drive to get to Yosemite)? I'm mainly worried about the NetGear WiFi adapter, as I've also only seen people on videos selecting drivers for Ethernet, which I don't have, (my PC is in my room upstairs, it'd take a long effing cord to set up ethernet) and I have a feeling it won't support my adapter.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Looking at the ASUS website and all the information provided for my specific motherboard, the Ethernet stuff is confusing. All it says is "Realtek® 8111G, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)", so I have no idea what I'd select in MultiBeast to get internet.

BUMP.

So I also found out that the "Realtek® 8111G" part is what I'd be looking for in MulitBeast under the Network category, but I'm still unsure as to whether that's gonna either (a) enable me to find my WiFi network through my WNDA3100v2 USB adapter or (b) allow me to connect via an Ethernet cable, in which case I'm totally screwed for internet because my room is upstairs and it would take a freaking long Ethernet cable to get that set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back