Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After spending 2 weeks taking shots in the dark with getting OSX to even boot the installer, I FINALLY got this bastard installed! (More on that in a moment)

Now here is my current issue, the graphics card in this model is an nVidia 425m. The laptop will only allow me to use a physical display hooked into it's HDMI port on the side, it will not use it's laptop screen for some reason. What in the world can I do to fix this? I also have no network or sound, but I figured I'd start with the more important things first. I could not find a DSDT for this laptop, I doubt one exists D:

I would appreciate ANY information you guys might have :) Thanks a bunch!

Oh and for those wondering how to get OSX running on this model, here is what I did

10.7.4 USB stick made with UniBeast
Plug your USB drive into the ESATA/USB combo, look closely on the left side of the laptop. That ESATA port is actually a USB combo port. Put your unibeast stick here.
Boot holding F11 to boot from USB.
Use these kernel flags: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v
Once you press enter connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI out port on the left side of the laptop, and start praying. :headbang:

If everything goes right, and the stars align, you will be greeted with the OSX install menu.
:headbang: :headbang:
Hope this could help someone out there!

Thanks! I tried awhile back but could never get any good results out of mine. I love this laptop. Could be even better with OS X!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back