Contribute
Register

Sonoma on Ivy Bridge

I've a HP Elite 8300MT and until yesterday, it was running Big Sur on OC 0.6.6 as iMacPro1.1.

I upgraded it to OC 0.9.5 and booted up fine with Big Sur. Then downloaded Sonoma, started the installation and it went through several reboots and what seem like completed the installation. When it was ready to book up first time, it failed and looping through with restart. I'm able to boot up to recovery mode, mount EFI through terminal and can edit the Config.plist.

Any guidance on how to proceed with fixing this issue?
@Asural @k30812

I've a HP Elite 8300MT and until yesterday, it was running Big Sur on OC 0.6.6 as iMacPro1.1.

I upgraded it to OC 0.9.5 and booted up fine with Big Sur. Then downloaded Sonoma, started the installation and it went through several reboots and what seem like completed the installation. When it was ready to book up first time, it failed and looping through with restart. I'm able to boot up to recovery mode, mount EFI through terminal and can edit the Config.plist.

Any guidance on how to proceed with fixing this issue?
@Asural @k30812
I've update following:
Oct 3 07:32 AppleALC.kext
Jul 5 2021 IntelMausi.kext
Aug 7 05:49 Lilu.kext
Jun 12 08:46 SMCProcessor.kext
Jun 12 08:46 VirtualSMC.kext
Aug 7 06:11 WhateverGreen.kext

except this old one.
Nov 22 2020 USBPorts.kext

I've updated the drivers:
OpenCanopy.efi, OpenHfsPlus.efi along with OpenRuntime.efi
Rebuilt the Config.plist using the OC Configurator "Save" functionality.

If there is a picture or video of "it failed and looping through with restar" more could help determine relevant factors for adjustment.

here is my upgrade from 14.3.1 to 14.4.1 of Sonoma today.
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 1.45.49 PM.png

Hi Guys, accidentally updated to Sonoma 14.4, OCLP 1.4.3
The app keeps crashing randomly !!!
attached is kext list.
the config was rock solid on Ventura, now crashes galore :(

Any suggestions

Attachments

• Kext.png
    Kext.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi Guys, accidentally updated to Sonoma 14.4, OCLP 1.4.3
The app keeps crashing randomly !!!
attached is kext list.
the config was rock solid on Ventura, now crashes galore :(

Any suggestions
At the moment, I feel that the HP6300SFF is a little slow, but it is working without any problems.
スクリーンショット 2024-04-05 14.32.44.png

スクリーンショット 2024-04-05 14.33.14.png

1. I noticed an issue with Safari when his RAM was 8GB, but there were no problems with other models, so I increased the RAM to 16GB.
2.OCLP 1.4.3 requires Opencore 0.9.9.
3.Kernel/Patch Fix PCI bus enumeration is different between Venture and Sonama.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, I have upgraded opencore to 0.9.9
seams stable but laggy, will see how it goes
Thanks a lot for help

Hi Asural, the machine is stable. I believe the issue was opencore 0.9.2. Once updated to 0.9.9 -> stable.
The only issue is the slowness of the machine. did it improve after upgrading memory to 16GB? I have 8GB [2x4GB modules]
Considering very likely it is going to be the last macOS update for the machine, I did not want to spend money on RAM if it is still slow after upgrading to 16GB. [Mine is USDT, max memory is 16GB]

Back