Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

My Build is a secondary Hackintosh

MSI H270 Gaming pro Carbon
i5 7400 KabyLake
16GB Memory
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX1050 2GB

All working resolved CPU issues during install, Nvidia Graphics and Audio including HDMI. HDMI port works on GTX 1050.

However Sierra version is 10.12.6 the latest. they told me that has the CPU fix therefore no needs of Fake CPU.

However I made a FakeCPU as permanent change on system parameters using clover vibrant edition setting FakeCPU 0x0506E3

I heard that is not necessary when Sierra is upgraded to 10.12.6? Is that correct and is that could cause the crossed circle stop error sometimes at reboot?

Would someone knows if removing the FakeCPU ID would have this low impact issue of stop sign? Is very Random and unpredictable. After restarting again doesn't happen.

Thanks

The Fake CPUID option is no longer necessary with 10.12.6 but it doesn't hurt it if you leave it in. Perhaps some issue with power states but it won't keep it from working.

Yes you right an thank you. I removed the FakeCPU and it boots normally but again sometime I still get that crossed circle stop sign which is weird if after few secs let's say about 10 while the stop sign is still showing I click enter clover appear and I can boot up again by re-pressing enter and this time goes ok. Odd also if I reset it starts normally. It doesn't do that all the time or at every power on. What do you mean for power state?

However I read somethings about similar problems and the reason of this random stop sign at boot could be related to:

updating BIOS ( My MSI Bios is running the latest version) or your CPU microcode, the TSC frequencies are out of sync.

The bios is the latest but what's a CPU microcode? TSC frequencies out of sync? What that could means?

but again sometime I still get that crossed circle stop sign which is weird if after few secs let's say about 10 while the stop sign is still showing I click enter clover appear and I can boot up again by re-pressing enter and this time goes ok.

This is new... I've never heard of being able to hit enter once that stop sign showed up.... hmmm.

This is new... I've never heard of being able to hit enter once that stop sign showed up.... hmmm.

Yes that happened on some other previous build. When running Verbose mode there are no errors it seems that hangs, and therefore give you that stop sign. In reality what I am thinking is happening here is a Bios issue a sort of out of sync between Bios and clover boot up process.

On the previous build a totally different system, the fix was upgrading the Bios. Here on the MSI H270 the Bios is upgraded to the latest version.

And Again it happens sometime, if I restart the machine 10 times it could happen once, sometime doesn't happen at all this morning I restarted the machine 15 times in a row, I have powered off and powered one some other times and I have put the machine on sleep never showed this issue anymore.

It is unpredictable.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back