Contribute
Register

[Solved] Using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
x61 Tablet
CPU
L7500
Graphics
x3100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Currently, my system:
Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
Core i5-2500K

is working great. I've got sound, native power management, ethernet, and it's all pretty darned zippy. My only minor quibble is having to use "GraphicsEnabler=No" and then not being able to use DVD player. Changing it to "Yes" causes a KP.

What steps to I need to take to make "Yes" function? I used Multibeast 3.3.1 and UserDSDT for the install. Just to be clear, I'm not using an actual DSDT.

Re: Using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, How?

In /Extra there is a file called
org.chameleon.Boot.plist

There should be a line that says

Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>

Chaneg that to

Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

If this Does not exist add the above to the end of the file

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I know how to change it to Yes, but doing so causes a KP. What do I need to do have my system function with the value changed to yes?

Please post a picture of the kernel panic so that we can identify the cause of error.

Mieze

I would, but there's really nothing to take a picture of, the screen just goes Grey.

I've studied the boot sequence a few times in verbose mode. As far as I can tell, it's the exact same regardless if the value is Yes or No. The last thing it mentions is that there's a device in PCI slot 1, presumably my graphics card. Then, if it's No, it boots to the login screen. If it's yes, it goes grey.

Solved:
AtiConfig=Duckweed

Can now use: GraphicsEnabler=Yes

and DVD Player now works.

You have wrote this in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

I would, but there's really nothing to take a picture of, the screen just goes Grey.

I've studied the boot sequence a few times in verbose mode. As far as I can tell, it's the exact same regardless if the value is Yes or No. The last thing it mentions is that there's a device in PCI slot 1, presumably my graphics card. Then, if it's No, it boots to the login screen. If it's yes, it goes grey.

Tsur

in the future to see what goes on behind the Apple Curtain use a -v switch

links about startup switch's
Something usefull about command line switchs one needs to know !
http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/05/bootloader-acpi-flags-while-darwin-bootloader/
This is from 2008 some of these have changed but it still a good read,
http://news.metaparadigma.de/osx86-flags-and-parameters-for-darwin-bootloader-104/

When you pass GraphicsEnabler=Yes it will tried to detect the inbuilt graphics or attached one.. So, its completely fine using GraphicsEnabler=Yes but for Kernel Panic you can bypass it using -no-zp or in start bootup in safemode (-x), for detailed info you can use -v flags for verbose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back