Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i7 4720HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600/Nvidia 970M 3GB (Optimus)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated the security patch by accident and now when I try to boot the screen goes black and the only way I can boot is without injecting the Intel HD Graphics.

Updated the security patch by accident and now when I try to boot the screen goes black and the only way I can boot is without injecting the Intel HD Graphics.

Post your EFI/Clover folder.

Perhaps you have a UHD/QHD+ screen and forgot to patch IOKit after the update?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Oh you have to patch the IOKit after every update?

I do have a QHD+ screen so i'll try that and report back.

Thanks,
~Alex

Oh you have to patch the IOKit after every update?

Well... only updates that provide an updated IOKit...

Please fix your profile as requested.

For some reason I go into recovery mode in clover and go to terminal and type "csrutil disable" and it says please restart but does not disable the csr when i check status. Am i doing something wrong or did they change something?

UPDATE: Thanks disabled the SIP using RtVariables and reapplied the IOKit and NVIDIA Patch. Even though they said they replaced with the same thing, I am able to boot using my Intel HD 4600.

Solved.

Thanks again,
~Alex

UPDATE: Thanks disabled the SIP using RtVariables and reapplied the IOKit and NVIDIA Patch. Even though they said they replaced with the same thing, I am able to boot using my Intel HD 4600.

Solved.

Thanks again,
~Alex

Marking solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back