Contribute
Register

[Solved]Slow Boot Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Rusty’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 118
Probably not. Will attach fresh one. I see IMEI@160000 node.

Intel MEI driver is now loaded as expected.
Note that you didn't inject AAPL,GfxYTile on IGPU...
Not sure you need FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. You should try without.

Intel MEI driver is now loaded as expected.
Note that you didn't inject AAPL,GfxYTile on IGPU...
Not sure you need FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. You should try without.
Did not inject AAPL,GfxYTile as is was apart of menu bar graphic glitch, was testing to see if it was causing the hang on boot. Will add back in and remove FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Edit:
Also removed IntelBacklight.kext from S/L/E. Should have done that sooner as I wasn't using it and also knew that the Brightness fix patch caused an issue.
Boots <10s now, no slow animations or artifacts.
Going to try to reinstall IntelBacklight.kext + Brightness fix patch in DSDT as I would like brightness control.
Thanks for your help Rehabman, greatly appreciated.
Before I do anything further could you look at my ACPI/patched configuration to make sure is it implemented correctly?
Will mark as solved.

Using the plain ole brightness patch on DSDT give me a brightness slider without the need of IntelBacklight.kext or ACPIBacklight.kext
I'm getting range of 20 settings from off to max brightness with smooth transitions.
@RehabMan - Would it be more proper to use one of the more complex patches or just stick to what I have working currently?

Attachments

• Report.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Did not inject AAPL,GfxYTile as is was apart of menu bar graphic glitch, was testing to see if it was causing the hang on boot. Will add back in and remove FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Edit:
Also removed IntelBacklight.kext from S/L/E. Should have done that sooner as I wasn't using it and also knew that the Brightness fix patch caused an issue.
Boots <10s now, no slow animations or artifacts.
Going to try to reinstall IntelBacklight.kext + Brightness fix patch in DSDT as I would like brightness control.
Thanks for your help Rehabman, greatly appreciated.
Before I do anything further could you look at my ACPI/patched configuration to make sure is it implemented correctly?
Will mark as solved.

Using the plain ole brightness patch on DSDT give me a brightness slider without the need of IntelBacklight.kext or ACPIBacklight.kext
I'm getting range of 20 settings from off to max brightness with smooth transitions.
@RehabMan - Would it be more proper to use one of the more complex patches or just stick to what I have working currently?

Hey so question, how are you able to delete FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and keeping acceleration? I thought that was how we were using the 530..
Im having slow boot times as well. I have imei in my dsdt and is showing in ioreg. No backlight kexts either as I have dsdt patch for that too.

What do you have you system installed on a .m2, 2.5 ssd, or hdd?

Hey so question, how are you able to delete FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and keeping acceleration?

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext is not a requirement with Skylake.
Some use it if there are issues with the native support (it does some ID remapping that helps sometimes).

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext is not a requirement with Skylake.
Some use it if there are issues with the native support (it does some ID remapping that helps sometimes).

Interesting. Now is that only for sierra? Im still on 10.11.6

Just tested deleting the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, the card is still recognized but now system animations are slowed.
As for boot times, deleting didn't make any difference. Its takes 1:20 which I find to be a bit slow even with it being on HDD. My Sandybridge hack boots in probably half that time on HDD.

What would you suggest I look at for speeding this boot up, or should I upgrade to Sierra?

Interesting. Now is that only for sierra? Im still on 10.11.6

Just tested deleting the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, the card is still recognized but now system animations are slowed.
As for boot times, deleting didn't make any difference. Its takes 1:20 which I find to be a bit slow even with it being on HDD. My Sandybridge hack boots in probably half that time on HDD.

What would you suggest I look at for speeding this boot up, or should I upgrade to Sierra?

You are posting in the Sierra forum.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: Can be differences depending on your OS X/macOS version and your specific Intel graphics device (as determined by CPU). You asked a question to a user with HD530 and in the Sierra forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back