Graphics
Asus ATI-Radeon 4890
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, so i upgraded to Lion a month ago. Everything works as well or better than Snow, but sleep is having issues. I can put the system to sleep ether by scheduling, pressing power button, or selecting sleep from the "apple" menu. But it won't sleep by it self. I have selected put computer to sleep after 25min, but nothing happens.

The second problem is that when i have had the system sleeping and reboot, i get a BIOS reset. Not the biggest issue with gigabyte´s dual BIOS, but not good...

Should i try sleepenabler.kext or is there something else i could do?
I also noticed that sleepenabler.kext is no longer in Multibeast? Or have i just dreamt of it`s existence?

Any tips appreciated :)

Re: Sleep issues on working Lion

Rilam said:
Ok, so i upgraded to Lion a month ago. Everything works as well or better than Snow, but sleep is having issues. I can put the system to sleep ether by scheduling, pressing power button, or selecting sleep from the "apple" menu. But it won't sleep by it self. I have selected put computer to sleep after 25min, but nothing happens.

The second problem is that when i have had the system sleeping and reboot, i get a BIOS reset. Not the biggest issue with gigabyte´s dual BIOS, but not good...

Should i try sleepenabler.kext or is there something else i could do?
I also noticed that sleepenabler.kext is no longer in Multibeast? Or have i just dreamt of it`s existence?

Any tips appreciated :)

Get a DSDT with fixes applied for your mobo. You can search DSDT database.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt.php
or...
http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=132 get DSDT Auto patcher. may work for you.

i have a slight sleep issue also but i had sleep problems with my real imac sometimes there is a program running that stops you from sleeping so it might not have anything to do with your hackintosh set get the program called plees sleep if your computer sleeps with this program then theres nothing wrong with your setup its just some program you have that wont let your computer sleeep

also search patch applertc.kext to fix the bios reset

Ok, So i installed please sleep, moved AppleRTC.kext to my /Volumes/EFI/Extra folder. Then used the patch command i found on insanelymac

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Everything is up to code. Sleeps like planed, and no cmos reset :D

Tanks for helping !!

Rilam said:
Ok, So i installed please sleep, moved AppleRTC.kext to my /Volumes/EFI/Extra folder. Then used the patch command i found on insanelymac

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Everything is up to code. Sleeps like planed, and no cmos reset :D

Tanks for helping !!

:thumbup:

My hackintosh has no problem waking up after going to sleep, but earlier when I was transfering a large amount of files from my external drive to my hackintosh, it went into sleep after a while, cancelling the transfer. This is quite annoying. Any possible fixes, apart from setting the energy saving options to 3hrs+?

thisquietplace said:
My hackintosh has no problem waking up after going to sleep, but earlier when I was transfering a large amount of files from my external drive to my hackintosh, it went into sleep after a while, cancelling the transfer. This is quite annoying. Any possible fixes, apart from setting the energy saving options to 3hrs+?

It is annoying. My workaround is to get the free 'Caffeine' app from the Mac App Store. Keeps the system 'up' by disabling the screensaver & going to standby for whatever duration you set.

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back