Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Restore 10.9.2 from NAS backup or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X1 Carbon 6th
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear group,

I failed:banghead: the upgrade 10.9.2 => 10.9.4 at my Lenovo U310, which was installed on my 24GB mSATA. Now I want to restore the MacOSx installation. I have serval options and need your advices.

Firstly my "disk until list":
Code:
[SIZE=1][FONT=Menlo]/dev/disk0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *24.0 GB    disk0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   2:                  Apple_HFS MacOSx                  23.7 GB    disk0s2[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]/dev/disk1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   2:       Microsoft Basic Data WIN7                    200.0 GB   disk1s2[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   3:                  Apple_HFS McOdies                 50.0 GB    disk1s3[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   4:       Microsoft Basic Data COUSE                   149.8 GB   disk1s4[/FONT][/SIZE]

I have a back up(Sparsebundle) on my NAS and also another MacOSx installation on 2nd HDD(McOldies), it works well. But it seems my dual-boot chameleon is located on mSATA.

My options are:

1. Can I boot to my 2nd MacOSx on HDD and restore my 1st mSATA MacOSx from the NAS backup?
  2. Or, restart the PC with the original Unibeast USB, then choose Disk Utility to restore? But there I cannot connect to NAS. In this case, should I firstly copy the Sparsebundle to my 2nd HDD, so that I can select the archive?
  3. The tiresome option would be reinstall with the UniBeast USB, and at the end restore from NAS and reinstall chameleon bootmananger again.
What would you advise? or any better solution to spare the time of reinstall and patch the hardwares?

thanks in advance for any comments and advice.

Restore 10.9.2 from NAS backup or?

Dear group,

I failed:banghead: the upgrade 10.9.2 => 10.9.4 at my Lenovo U310,

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

Note: I recommend reinstall via Clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-lenovo-u310-u410-yosemite-using-clover.html

Thanks for your feedback, esp. the Clover thread link.

In fact I want a general method to backup or restore the installation, which has been tuned and configured by dozens of hours. Reinstall is quite tiresome.

Any guidance for this topic in Forum?

Merci!

Thanks for your feedback, esp. the Clover thread link.

In fact I want a general method to backup or restore the installation, which has been tuned and configured by dozens of hours. Reinstall is quite tiresome.

Any guidance for this topic in Forum?

Merci!

Installing via Clover is quite easy/quick.

You can use TimeMachine for backup/restore.

Installing via Clover is quite easy/quick.

You can use TimeMachine for backup/restore.

In fact I was talking about the TimeMachine backup in NAS I did before, now I don't know how to restore it. Because I cannot boot up to the corrupted OS in mSATA thus I cannot use TimeMachine to restore.
Also I tried to reinstall using MutliBeast USB. But I cannot connect to the network disk.

Solution could be copy the Time backup to local disk and then use MultiBeast USB to restore, would that work?

So the general question is if the HDD cannot boot, how can I restore the Time backup?

In fact I was talking about the TimeMachine backup in NAS I did before, now I don't know how to restore it.

Yes, backups that you don't know how to use are not very good backups.

My suggestion would be to move it to a USB so you can access it locally from the OS X installer.

Because I cannot boot up to the corrupted OS in mSATA thus I cannot use TimeMachine to restore.

You should be booting the OS X installer from USB. Your corrupt installation is not involved.

Also I tried to reinstall using MutliBeast USB.

No such thing as a "Multibeast USB".

Solved:
  1. make a Mac OS Extended(Journaled) partition
  2. copy the NAS Time backup to that partition
  3. Restart and boot from installation USB, for U310 needs the boot parameter:
    Code:
    [SIZE=1]GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 "Graphics Mode"=1366x768x32 -v[/SIZE]
  4. Disk Utility => scan image for restore: select the copied image and select Disk/partition to restore, it start... Time takes 30min.
  5. reboot using USB and install bootloader via Multibeast.
  6. (use HP installer to update chimera)
  7. Done!

In the case of U310, it is better to replace the 24GB mSATA with a 120GB mSATA. Then install both OS of MacOS and Windows on the mSATA, using the 500GB HDD as application/backup partition for windows and MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back