Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I have random freezes when playing video (either in Flash or VLC). It plays the video for few seconds and then it just hangs (USB shuts down, picture on screen stays same, no disk activity visible, doesn't react on anything). After few minutes it reboots on its own.

My rig is: i7 2600K, ASUS P8P67, 8GB 1333 memory and ATI 5870.
I had my previous rig running flawlessly with these components: 8GB 1333 memory and ATI 5870

I've used MultiBeast 3.5.1 and BridgeHelper to make it run. In BIOS I've disabled Turbo and specified CPU multiplier manually (34). I'm booting with GraphicsEnabler=No and have full QE/CI. With GraphicsEnabler=Yes it uses wrong framebuffer and doesn't help with getting rid of freezes. I've also tried busratio=29 - doesn't help either

I have everything working except these freezes (and Sleep which I don't really need) :(

Throw some ideas at me please!

Re: P8P67+ATI 5870+2600K+Playing video = freeze

You can try hitting "enter" at the bootloader to enter options and type AtiConfig=(framebuffer). Try different ones to see which works best for you. I've seen Hoolock, Uakari and Zonalis work with 5870s

Gordo74 said:
You can try hitting "enter" at the bootloader to enter options and type AtiConfig=(framebuffer). Try different ones to see which works best for you. I've seen Hoolock, Uakari and Zonalis work with 5870s

I have a P8P67+ATI 5870+2600K as well and Zonalis worked for me. Uakari did not and I didn't try Hoolock (no need since Zonalis worked first). Just FYI.

Thanks for help!
But problem was in memory frequency.. lowering it to 1066 fixed the problem.
I didn't tried lowering it before because everything worked stable except video (benchmarks and cpu-intenstive tasks) :(

Don't install those ATI drivers if you have newer ATI 6XXX cards it will make a grown man you cry if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back