Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170 Asus Gaming Pro
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hi, I'm going to start off saying I'm rather new to this installing mac on a PC thing, but anyways. I managed to get the OS installed and under Graphics Displays in System Information my graphics card shows as an Nvidia Chip model now. Originally it didn't, it showed intel graphics.

But in the Nvidia Driver Manager under the ECC Tab it says No Device Found.
My Nvidia Driver doesn't seem to be working.

This is El Capitan, then I downloaded Sierra but it didn't automatically change my version number, so I modified the version and build number myself in order to install the video driver.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 12.17.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 12.17.14 PM.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,132
Hi, I'm going to start off saying I'm rather new to this installing mac on a PC thing, but anyways. I managed to get the OS installed and under Graphics Displays in System Information my graphics card shows as an Nvidia Chip model now. Originally it didn't, it showed intel graphics.

But in the Nvidia Driver Manager under the ECC Tab it says No Device Found.
My Nvidia Driver doesn't seem to be working.

This is El Capitan, then I downloaded Sierra but it didn't automatically change my version number, so I modified the version and build number myself in order to install the video driver.
There is no Pascal driver for El Capitan - Support starts with Sierra.

I did the update to sierra and got the updated driver for 10.12.4

right, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I really do appreciate your responses. I started at el capitan and downloaded through the App Store.

right, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I really do appreciate your responses. I started at el capitan and downloaded through the App Store.
Attach your config.plist

okay, attached is my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 528
okay, attached is my config.plist
Your config.plist is corrupt which is the same as having no config at all.
This usually happens when you edit with a text editor instead of a dedicated plist editing app.

Code:
/config.plist: Close tag on line 318 does not match open tag dict

which I did, how would I go about fixing that?

Weird that I'm still able to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back