Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Had everything working in 10.6.3. Did the update to 10.6.8 no sound. Clicked AppleHDA Rollback installed it, ran Kext Utility, still no sound. Reboot, no sound. Install ALC8xxHDA no sound, reboot, no sound. Selected Non-DSDT HDAEnablbler :banghead: didn't notice it was a drop down menu, installed all of them :banghead: , no sound. Sent kexts that were in System/Library/Extensions to trash except ALC889a.kext, ran Kext Utility then Repair Disk Utility. Still no sound. In MultiBeast all of the kexts I sent to the trash say upgrade when selected. How bad did I screw up?
Please advise.......

Thanks in advance for all help.

Re: Need audio help. ALC889A

You can still boot into the system, so you should be okay.

First thing I would do is trash all the audio kexts that you have installed except for AppleHDARollback, make sure to get any and all versions of VoodooHDA as it will conflict with the Realtek kexts. Then run system utilities in MultiBeast...to rebuild caches and permissions...you should do this every time you add or remove a kext.

Now install just RealtekALC8xxHDA and system utilities. After restart, see if it works, if not:

Does ALC889a show up in System Utilities once?

In System Preferences/Sound/Output, can you see any working outputs?

Is the volume control greyed out?

IIRC a few folks have used the nonHDAenabler without RealtekALC8xxHDA, so you might try that.

:headbang: SOUND!!!! It works! Thanks SnapMan!!

Great, happy to help.

Can you mark the thread SOLVED and perhaps share what solution worked so others can learn from it.

Great, happy to help.

Can you mark the thread SOLVED and perhaps share what solution worked so others can learn from it.

Just great! 2013 and still helped me a lot ! Thanx from me too;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back