Motherboard
MSI GE72MVR
CPU
Intel i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD-630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
SOLUTION (using bcfg tool in OpenShell for some reason was not adding the entry. The following fixed the issue, but it may have just been the final step which was needed):
  • Reflashed the BIOS then reconfigured to the same settings as stated below.
  • Reset NVRAM via USB OpenCore (same as attached file).
  • I used my Arch Linux boot USB to use efibootmgr to add OpenCore.efi to the boot list following the Arch wiki.
  • DONE!
############

Hi All,

So I successfully installed MacOS following Dortania's guide using OpenCore 6.6.7.
It is installed on a SATA M.2 SSD (Samsung 860 EVO) with an EFI partition generated by MacOS (209MB).
There are currently no other OSs installed on this SSD. There is another SATA HDD with storage only.
I can easily boot into MacOS using the OpenCore EFI partition on the USB drive.
I booted up MacOS, copied the EFI folder structure from the USB EFI partition to the SSD EFI partition.
Upon restart, the laptop goes straight to BIOS. No UEFI entries are recognised.

I have tried using bcfg to add the EFI partition manually, pointing to BOOTx64.efi with no luck. I also tried pointing to OpenCore.efi.

I have attached my EFI partition which reflects my USB and what I copied to the SSD.

I will eventually have Windows and Linux installed on partitions on the same drive after I fix this issue (dual booting Windows and Linux with systemd-boot was super easy before).

Laptop: MSI GE72MVR 7RG

BIOS version: E179CIMS.30E (latest BIOS - 2018)
BIOS settings:
  • Fast Boot: OFF
  • Secure Boot: OFF
  • Boot mode: UEFI
  • Boot Option #1: USB Hard Disk
  • Boot Option #2: Hard Disk
  • Intel SpeedStep: OFF
  • VT-d: OFF
  • SATA Mode Selection: AHCI
  • Boot Performance Mode: Turbo Performance
  • Overclocking: ON
  • CFG Lock: OFF
  • Enable Hibernation: OFF
  • Above 4G Decoding: ON
  • CSM: OFF
  • XHCI Handoff: ON
AFAIK all other options should be at default, but please question specific options if they are likely to be connected.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I can share more files/info upon request

Attachments

• MSI GE72 OpenCore 0.6.7 DEBUG.zip
    3 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I just installed Arch Linux on the same drive after the MacOS partition. It shows as a boot option in the BIOS. Could it be an issue with my version of the OpenCore.efi?

SOLVED! Updated original comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back