i5-8350U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Headphones (wired) go silent after wake up from sleep until re-pluged

Also, annoying background white noise as if the volume is being boosted too much, however the volume won't affect the noise level. I suspect this is a CodecCommander problem.

Any tip?

Attached some debug files that might be useful.

Attachments

• debug_1545.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Headphones (wired) go silent after wake up from sleep until re-pluged

Also, annoying background white noise as if the volume is being boosted too much, however the volume won't affect the noise level. I suspect this is a CodecCommander problem.

Any tip?

Attached some debug files that might be useful.

See SSDT-AppleALC.dsl in the CodecCommander repo.
It is generally required if using the two together (or if you have other CodecCommander configuration data, you must integrate those properties into it).

Note that supposedly EAPD support was added to AppleALC, so CodecCommander may not be needed for EAPD correction.

You might also look into ALCPlugFix.

Note:
Your kextcache output shows an obvious problem with the way you coded your LiluFriend.kext.
Since you have Lilu and other kexts installed to /L/E, you probably do not need LiluFriend.kext anyway. Remove.

See SSDT-AppleALC.dsl in the CodecCommander repo.
It is generally required if using the two together (or if you have other CodecCommander configuration data, you must integrate those properties into it).

Note that supposedly EAPD support was added to AppleALC, so CodecCommander may not be needed for EAPD correction.

You might also look into ALCPlugFix.

Thanks. ALCPlugFix didn't work. SSDT-AppleALC.dsl reproduced the same issue. I found the solution in this post solution works: [Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation , along with removing the SSDT-AppleALC patch. That fixes the issue. The background white noise is almost completely gone and now it is normal. Also the headphone keeps working after waking up from sleep.

Can that solution can be implemented as a proper SSDT hot patch? if so How?

Note:
Your kextcache output shows an obvious problem with the way you coded your LiluFriend.kext.
Since you have Lilu and other kexts installed to /L/E, you probably do not need LiluFriend.kext anyway. Remove.

Thanks for point it out. It seems it was an improperly installed or bad version plugin. Fixed

Thanks. ALCPlugFix didn't work. SSDT-AppleALC.dsl reproduced the same issue. I found that this solution works[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation along with removing the SSDT-AppleALC patch, fixes the issue. The background white noise is almost completely gone and now it is normal. Also the headphone keeps working after waking up from sleep.

Can that solution can be implemented as a proper SSDT hot patch?

That is ALCPlugFix, which I recommended...
It cannot be done with ACPI.

That is ALCPlugFix, which I recommended...
It cannot be done with ACPI.

Excellent!, now I got it. It was necessary to modify the source code in ALCPlugFix for the specific hda-verb command. Thanks.

Excellent!, now I got it. It was necessary to modify the source code in ALCPlugFix for the specific hda-verb command. Thanks.
Hi I have latitude 7399,was high sierra perfect in 7390?

Hi I have latitude 7399,was high sierra perfect in 7390?
There's no latitude 7399. High Sierra is not perfect on 7390 but very good.

Last edited:
There's no latitude 7399. High Sierra is not perfect on 7390 but very good.
ooh,7399 is spelling mistake,
thanks,how to drive the uhd620 ?after installed lilu.kext and Intel Graphics.kext ,how to set FakeID and PlatformID?

ooh,7399 is spelling mistake,
thanks,how to drive the uhd620 ?after installed lilu.kext and Intel Graphics.kext ,how to set FakeID and PlatformID?

I'll probably make a post regarding the Latitude 7390. Regarding the kexts and fake ID you can find the answer to those generic question elsewhere in the forum but the Intel UHD 620 can be faked as HD 620 platform id 5916000

I'll probably make a post regarding the Latitude 7390. Regarding the kexts and fake ID you can find the answer to those generic question elsewhere in the forum but the Intel UHD 620 can be faked as HD 620 platform id 5916000
I just bought latitude 7390 with the following configuration:
I7 8th gen
16G ram
256G NVMe
Touch screen

So do you think the touch screen would work in hacktonish?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back