Contribute
Register

(Solved!) Issues with Lenovo G570 i3 laptop & Lion 10.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Issues with Lenovo G570 i3 laptop & Lion 10.7.3

Ok! One more issue to solve, and for now I'm pretty much happy!

I've searched a lot on this, and thus far have not found any solutions for my Laptop. I have to keep the USB installer plugged in to boot, every single time. Installing ANY boot loader, breaks the install and incites kernel panics. I am pretty new to the OSX86 world as you can tell, and would love some help there if anyone knows about it :)

Sleep doesn't function as of yet, but it's not needed really. My mouse is a bit funky but workable and I am sure fixable. I sure appreciate the help, and these forums are such an awesome resource :) Will definitely be donating come payday :)

I'm really glad it works! If it worked right out of the box at 10.7.3 then it may work at 10.7.4 without needing for those Kexts I linked.

I just received my Broadcom BCM94322MC Mini PCI-e wireless card and installed it.

Here is my installation with captions:

NYeHv.jpg

EDTNU.jpg

tyF4H.jpg

SiuEv.jpg

gfky6.jpg

On first boot into Lion 10.7.4, it detected the wireless card and it connected to my network immediately. It just works.

For Windows 7, I plugged in an Ethernet cable and checked for Windows updates. It showed a Broadcom wireless driver and it worked after installing the driver.

Piece of cake! I'm very happy with it. :headbang:

I'm pretty confused at why you have so many other issues... It sounds pretty nasty. My laptop is working at 100% functionality right now and am very proud of the work I put into it. Have you tried seeing if your model laptop has other hackintosh users out there on the net?

Great writeup and walkthrough there! So happy to hear you have it working so well, you should be proud indeed!

Well, I got pretty much everything working in 10.7.3, except the boot load issue. I even managed to get it to sleep fairly easily! (something I wasn't even concerned about!) Simple google searches gave me the necessary steps/kexts to get the sound, video, keyboard, and mouse working properly. Even the battery meter. However the boot issue is still there. Going to go ahead and update to 10.7.4 and see what happens as far as everything else. I can deal with having to use the USB to boot every time, however it's obviously not ideal.

So close to having every computer in the house running OS X. Awesome! :clap:

Oh, and I have tried to see if there are any others with the Lenovo G570, but sadly most are in other configurations. Apparently with this model there was a pretty broad range of available components! Leave it to me to get the one that has issues, lol!

Looks like sadly, 10.7.4 completely breaks everything. Can't even boot in to try different kexts/solutions. Will just stick to 10.7.3 on the laptop and hope that Mountain Lion works when it comes out :)

You could try adding a fresh 40GB partition and see about getting Lion 10.7.4 with as little kexts as possible to see if you can get it running.

But I'm glad 10.7.3 works

xTRICKYxx said:
You could try adding a fresh 40GB partition and see about getting Lion 10.7.4 with as little kexts as possible to see if you can get it running.

But I'm glad 10.7.3 works

Actually tried something like that last night, but couldn't get it. What I tried, was using a fresh partition, and before installing any kexts at all (graphics work out of the install) I used my working desktop to download the 10.7.4 combo update, put it on the laptop via usb, installed it, and it still broke the install. I've even tried installing straight from a retail 10.7.4 copy my neighbor purchased. It won't even boot to installation from that! It hangs in the same place every time :think: Actually, installing EasyBeast or any other boot method, breaks the install in exactly the same way as 10.7.4... It's very weird. Doing either of those makes it entirely unbootable. I can't seem to find anything with google quite like it. Hopefully Mountain Lion will work a little better. I'd love to be able to boot without USB!

Got it all knocked out!

For the boot issue, I had to move the "extra" folder from the UniBeast USB, to the root of my HDD, as well as installing Chameleon. It now boots perfectly, and updates. Weird that no other solution worked, but at least that did! Thanks again for all your help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back