Contribute
Register

[Solved] Intel NUC HDMI audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel NUC HDMI audio

It would be nice to add the DSDT files for both version in the DSDT download section for easier reach and maybe now since things are working (i.e. audio on HDMI and TH) to make a small guide on how to properly install everything. Nice job on making these small units to work. I plan to buy the one with TH and use it a second pc/HTTPC.

Intel NUC HDMI audio

I received yesterday my NUC (DC3217BY) and I managed to edit my DSDT (thanks to Dreamwatcher for posting edits) and with toleda's patched FrameBuffer it seems to work really nice.

Sleep/wake doesn't seem to work but it can be related to having the OS on an external USB drive. I will check this later when my mSATA arrives.

Once again many thanks for posting your experience with this device, it helped a lot.

Intel NUC HDMI audio

I received yesterday my NUC (DC3217BY) and I managed to edit my DSDT (thanks to Dreamwatcher for posting edits) and with toleda's patched FrameBuffer it seems to work really nice.

Sleep/wake doesn't seem to work but it can be related to having the OS on an external USB drive. I will check this later when my mSATA arrives.

Once again many thanks for posting your experience with this device, it helped a lot.

i'm anxious to find out if wake works when you install your m-sata. if that's the answer, then i may bite the bullet and buy an m-sata, altho even with a usb 2.0 HD, this system is plenty snappy for what i intend to do with it.

Intel NUC HDMI audio

I have updated the BIOS to version 32 and found that I need new DSDT.aml. Based on the toleda's DSDT (for v. 20?) posted here and the instruction by Dreamwatcher, I have made the one for v. 32 as attached. This is working on my Ethernet model. Video memory size should be set to 128MB to avoid screen blinking.

edit: As I found a problem in waking from S3 sleep, I have updated the attachment.

Attachments

• dsdt_intel_nuc_32.aml.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 478
Intel NUC HDMI audio

Attached is the beta HDMI audio editing kit for the Intel NUC. Instructions for editing the dsdt and framebuffer are included. Feedback is welcome.

EDIT 4/2/13 - Intel NUC HDMI Audio guide updated. See Post #1, Mountain Lion HDMI Audio.

Attachments

• [Easy_Guide] ML_hdmi_audio_edits_intel_nuc.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,664
Intel NUC HDMI audio

Is there a file that I could upload / send to someone so they can figure out how to help me enable HDMI audio on my NUC? I'm on the latest bios .36 I believe. Every time I try to make any of the changes, it leaves me with a system that no longer boots. I'm not familiar with any of the tools outlined in your Easy Guide, so that's not helping matters. Any help for a newb would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Intel NUC HDMI audio

Is there a file that I could upload / send to someone so they can figure out how to help me enable HDMI audio on my NUC? I'm on the latest bios .36 I believe. Every time I try to make any of the changes, it leaves me with a system that no longer boots. I'm not familiar with any of the tools outlined in your Easy Guide, so that's not helping matters. Any help for a newb would be greatly appreciated.
If you install dsdt.dsl, your system won't boot. In MaciASL/Save Window, select File Format: ACPI Machine Language Binary, Save As: dsdt.aml, Save. Copy dsdt.aml to Extra. Restart.

Intel NUC HDMI audio

I was FINALLY able to get the HDMI audio working (thank you so much!), but unfortunately, I think the damage was already done. Any programs with video would not run. I'm going to start over from scratch and use your guide as a tool. I think I can figure it out now that I understand what has to happen. I really need a copy of your hdmi_audio_intel_nuc_dsdt_edits.txt file. I didn't see it attached with your guide.

Thanks!

Intel NUC HDMI audio

I really need a copy of your hdmi_audio_intel_nuc_dsdt_edits.txt file. I didn't see it attached with your guide.
Downloads/[Easy_Guide] ML_hdmi_audio_edits_intel_nuc
TextEdit/Open/[Easy_Guide] ML_hdmi_audio_edits_intel_nuc

See: Attachments1. intel_nuc_hdmi_audio_editing_kit
Double click on the folder icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back