• Yes

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 342 92.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong, not working

For anyone dedicated enough to get iMessages working I will tell you how to do it. PM me.

the gist is to just do everything.

1. Use clover and get that recovery partition, need it.
2. Install chameleon to get rid of that efi crap
3. Use the wizard to get some unique mac credentials
4. Reset your apple ID password
5. Delete all your network preferences, apply changes, then add them back in.
6. After adding in the "simple fixes" from chameleon and multi beast you should do a repair permissions, reboot and verify you can sign into that Hackintosh.

Again, don't bother with efi booting, you just need the recovery partition and clover does the best job of giving it to you. Use the USB boot loader to boot OSX after using clover and installing chameleon should remove the EFI boot options resulting after clover install.

You can count me out. I'd rather help find a solution.

I tried all the fixes everywhere and the only thing that ended up working was going DSDT free.

After I went DSDT free iMessages worked fine. I have no idea why.
Fortunately I was able to do a UEFI BIOS on this z68 board. None of the other solutions worked.

For anyone dedicated enough to get iMessages working I will tell you how to do it. PM me.

the gist is to just do everything.

1. Use clover and get that recovery partition, need it.
2. Install chameleon to get rid of that efi crap
3. Use the wizard to get some unique mac credentials
4. Reset your apple ID password
5. Delete all your network preferences, apply changes, then add them back in.
6. After adding in the "simple fixes" from chameleon and multi beast you should do a repair permissions, reboot and verify you can sign into that Hackintosh.

Again, don't bother with efi booting, you just need the recovery partition and clover does the best job of giving it to you. Use the USB boot loader to boot OSX after using clover and installing chameleon should remove the EFI boot options resulting after clover install.

@clayed Can't send a PM, not enough posts. I tried everything all threads in this forum have instructed me to do, no luck so far, it's getting frustrating. Please help!!!

@clayed Can't send a PM, not enough posts. I tried everything all threads in this forum have instructed me to do, no luck so far, it's getting frustrating. Please help!!!

Yeah, I forgot about that stupid posting rule. I sent you a friend request, hopefully that will reveal my email to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back