Contribute
Register

[Solved] Hackintosh wont shut down completely (or sleep) windows 7 or mountain lion 10.8 Ud5h "PLEAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackingtosh wont shut down completely (or sleep) windows 7 or mountain lion 10.8 Ud5h "PLEASE HELP!!!"

nope, tried taking the psu cable out and left for 5 mins, when i put back in the power button on the board lights up for a second then switches back off, then no power, nothing...

Hackingtosh wont shut down completely (or sleep) windows 7 or mountain lion 10.8 Ud5h "PLEASE HELP!!!"

nope, tried taking the psu cable out and left for 5 mins, when i put back in the power button on the board lights up for a second then switches back off, then no power, nothing...

So its looking as if it is either its the Seasonic PSU that has gone down or the motherboard. Not going to know more without testing. The famous paperclip test will not tell you if voltage is necessarily sufficient.

Its late on a school night - take it easy

Adrian B

Yea i'm off to bed, will get back to you tomorrow on this thread, will test the psu first thing

so i sent an email to Gigabyte before i went to sleep and had this email this morning when i woke up :thumbup:

Dear Sir,

Please try to reset the CMOS -
1) Disconnect the power cord from the power supply. Remove the CMOS battery (the flat silver disk) from the motherboard using a srew drive or similar implement. Leave it out for a minute or two, then replace it and power on the system. The BIOS settings should have been reset, allowing the computer to boot.
2) Go into the BIOS - “Load optimized default”
3) Save settings and exit.

this seems to of fix the problem my pc is up and running again, thank god! panic over lol was it due the INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE = DISABLED or maybe another issue?

so i sent an email to Gigabyte before i went to sleep and had this email this morning when i woke up :thumbup:

Dear Sir,

Please try to reset the CMOS -
1) Disconnect the power cord from the power supply. Remove the CMOS battery (the flat silver disk) from the motherboard using a srew drive or similar implement. Leave it out for a minute or two, then replace it and power on the system. The BIOS settings should have been reset, allowing the computer to boot.
2) Go into the BIOS - “Load optimized default”
3) Save settings and exit.

I did think of suggesting that last night. Glad that Gigabyte were so fast to give a response. Well it been emotional, thats for sure!

this seems to of fix the problem my pc is up and running again, thank god! panic over lol was it due the INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE = DISABLED or maybe another issue?

It sounds as if you had another setting that when ICPO was disabled caused a conflict. Either that or a random one off event. Happy that it is working again - you just need to keep half an eye on things for a week or two. It will probably run in a settled stare from now on. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Been a few days and everything is running very smooth now :) not sure why the crash as I had everything set to default in bios (except wake on lan) but whatever, sleep , shut down, working perfectly every time in windows and mac. I have

INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE = DISABLED
WAKE ON LAN = DISABLED

Has done the trick without other kexts (I have done a fresh OSX install)

cheers for the help guys pointing me in the write direction, much appreciated!
and the moral support when things went a bit haywire lol I was literally about to give up with this motherboard due to the crappy fan control then the crash but Gigabyte came through with there super fast response which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back