Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] GFX:Intel HD4000 & Nvidia GT610 issues / USB Mouse & Screensaver problems GA Z77X-UP5 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z77X-UP5TH
CPU
i3770K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have done a ton of reading around, but can't find an answer to my questions and would really hugely appreciate some help/pointers to a couple of issues I have, as I am not very experienced at this at all.

I have had my machine successfully running on Yosemite 10.10.3 for several years with both the Intel HD 4000 and GT 610 GFX cards running. I was using both the HDMI and DVI (HD4000) for two Samsung SyncMaster 940AW displays (1440x900) and the GT 610 DVI for a 27 inch Slate Raven MTi (1920x1080). The install was done by a friend of mine.

System Specs:

MB: Gigabyte GA Z77X-UP5 TH
Processor: Quad Core i7 3770K 3.5 Ghz
GFX: On board Intel HD4000 and Nvidia GT610
RAM: 32GB DDR3 1600MHz
Bluetooth: IOGEAR GBU521 4.0 USB
PSU: 650W BeQuiet Dark Power
Cooling: Corsair H60 CPU Water cooler
Apple USB mouse and Keyboard (via USB2 ports)

I have got Sierra (10.12.6) up and running (brand new install with 10.12.6 installer) on the machine with Multibeast 9.2.1 (Sierra Edition) as per the generic destructions and Stork’s similar build. All works: USB3, Ethernet, BlueTooth, eSATA, FW (via card), Thunderbolt (tested with Apple TB to FW adaptor).

I have some issues that I would like to fix:

1) SOLVED The OSX screensaver seems to freeze the apple USB keyboard and apple wired mouse when it activates.
Is this all the USB buses dying when screensaver is activated? I have deactivated the screensaver for the moment, and all is stable.
2) SOLVED I also seem to be finding the mouse display cursor on the screen remaining fixed when an action has happened. When you edit text the cursor is a vertical line, but if you move away from the text to the desktop the mouse pointer should change to a pointer, but it stays as a vertical line, until I do another action, like open a file. Whilst not a train smash, it is not ideal as I suspect this may cause me issues in Avid Pro Tools.
3) SOLVED I can only get a GFX display output on the Nvidia GT 610 DVI, and nothing from the Intel HD4000 outputs. I would like to enable the HD4000 GFX so I can get three monitors going again. In BIOS I have the following set up (see attached photos)
As far as I remember in Multibeast I selected “Inject Nvidia” to enable the GT610 (the MB config file I saved for reference with the install seems to be corrupt).
4) SOLVED Restart or Shutdown from the Apple menu gives me a swirling rotating black and white wheel that never finishes.

Any help will be most gratefully received. I am so nearly there!
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
It seems I am talking to myself on this thread - which is a bit disconcerting, but in case it helps someone else....I have solved some of my GFX issues:
1) despite many posts about Nvidia GT610 not working in 10.12.6, it did for me, but I didn't get any further with getting the Intel HD4000 GFX to work, so I threw money at the problem and bought a AMD Radeon RX 560 4096 MB.
I turned the Intel GFX off in BIOS and it was easy to get the AMD working by following a post from another site (suspect I may not be allowed to link to that here?) and copying a couple of KEXTs. So simple I could do it and I am a numpty at this.
2) the shutdown problems went away with a post by jyanes83 here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back