GTX770 EVGA
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just FYI:

So far after installing this board (previously had the GA-Z87X-UD3H).

Previously working Z87X OSX install booted up fine, network working fine on the Intel nic.

- Ran Multibeast 6.3.0 to load the 1150 Audio drivers, but they didn't seem to take. No output device found... I'm sure there's an easy fix though

GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK edition report

Tried that stuff too. So far not having any luck with the 1150 audio.

Yeah I've had much the same result. I've given up on it in the meantime, so I'm just using USB audio.

Just FYI:

So far after installing this board (previously had the GA-Z87X-UD3H).

Previously working Z87X OSX install booted up fine, network working fine on the Intel nic.

- Ran Multibeast 6.3.0 to load the 1150 Audio drivers, but they didn't seem to take. No output device found... I'm sure there's an easy fix though

Since I want to use the exact same motherboard as you, could you post a guide on what you did to get your system running? Or did you use the guide posted in http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...te-ga-z97x-ud5h-i7-4770k-gtx-650-build-3.html ?

Since I want to use the exact same motherboard as you, could you post a guide on what you did to get your system running? Or did you use the guide posted in http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...te-ga-z97x-ud5h-i7-4770k-gtx-650-build-3.html ?

I haven't followed any guides - I originally just booted the computer after swapping the board, and tried from there. I have two Mavericks installs - neither one of them would give any audio. (tried MultiBeast 6.3 and installing the latest 1150 kext manually.)

Crazy thing is - I prepared to reinstall OSX on one of the drives, by first disabling all of the other SATA drives. I booted one time after doing this - and out of the blue I had audio (just on the front jack).

I went ahead and re installed fresh and I again have audio but only from the front jack. I didn't install it any different than I did on the Z87x board. I boot from USB, prepare the drive, install, boot off USB again, choose the OSX drive - then run Multibeast.

Just trying to decide what to do with the Z87X board. I am convinced it was screwy - as I would get looping sound freezes during HL2 based games and sometimes the video card driver would crash. At one point I suspected my Corsair ram. Now I suspect the Z87X-UD3H. So far after a lot of gaming (same Windows 7 OS install, just new MB) everything is rock solid - even with the same Corsair ram I thought was bad.

EDIT = After installing 9.1 fresh, I had audio. Once I had all the other sata drives re-enabled and I booted off the new Install - No more audio. That's a new one to me... ???

EDIT 2 = The audio issue had to do with I wasn't thinking (remembering) that I was booting off a second OSX drive to get to this one.

I have just downloaded Multibeast 6.3.1. I now have 10.9.3 running with the Killer Nic working, and Audio (except the rear green port isn't working). Previous audio issues I mentioned were due to me not paying attention to the drives I was booting off of. I boot off of this install and audio out of the front headphone jack works fine. This board is looking promising.

System will sleep and come out of sleep.

I have just downloaded Multibeast 6.3.1. I now have 10.9.3 running with the Killer Nic working, and Audio (except the rear green port isn't working). Previous audio issues I mentioned were due to me not paying attention to the drives I was booting off of. I boot off of this install and audio out of the front headphone jack works fine. This board is looking promising.

System will sleep and come out of sleep.

I have nearly everything working, except for some controllers which are not recognised. Do you know if a DSDT can fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back