Contribute
Register

[Solved] Does Corsair H100iv2 function properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270x-Ultra-Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Hi

I am planning on building my first hackintosh. I have ordered all the parts. Last night, had to cancel my order for the Corsair h100iv2 liquid cooler after finding out it is not compatible with macOS.

Did some research and found that Corsair Link was the issue and results in full speed fans and sleep not working. Instead, I got the H105 which doesn't have Corsair Link.

However, the posts regarding Corsair Link are somewhat really old and I've seen people building hackintosh with the H100i v2 so I wanted to know if anyone has the Corsair H100i or similar to report what effects not having Corsair Link has on the system? Also, are there any recent development to resolve issues with Corsair Link? And finally, it is still worth buying?

PS. I am getting the Z270x ultra gaming which has PWM fan headers. By connecting the fans (on cons air h100iv2) to the PWM headers, does that mean the fans will change speed depending on CPU load - not requiring the USB to be connected?

TIA

Last edited:
I hope it works, because I overlooked those older threads and the money is spent lol. Still, it could be a while before my build is fully operational, but I’ll give you an update when it is.

I've got everything set up now and I've not had any problems with the Corsair H100iV2 cooler givrn that the water pump runs at full speed otherwise the fans will spin up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back